We’re bringing back a favorite item from our archive — British writer and actor Stephen Fry offering life lessons based on his 54 years living in this world. Some of the highlights:
- Don’t set goals for yourself, particularly material ones. They’re disastrous and will keep you from becoming who you really are.
- Keep your ego in check. You’ll be better liked, and more opportunities will come your way.
- Get outside your comfort zone by traveling to distant lands and reading books in a serendipitous way.
- Be a giver, not a taker. It’s more rewarding.
- Learn with friends.
- Have heroes.
- And always think for yourself.
This talk was recorded in April 2010 and runs 31 thought-filled minutes.