September. The beaches are behind us. The books and classrooms ahead. Perhaps it's a good time to enroll in a MOOC (Massive Open Online Course), especially since a whopping 240+ MOOCs are getting underway this month. You can find a complete list here. Or, head over to Class Central to see September's 10 most popular MOOCs. Below, I've highlighted a few courses that caught my liberal artsy eye:
- Frank Lloyd Wright and the 20th Century – Open Online Academy, New York on EdCast – September 1 (8 weeks)
- The Science of Happiness – University of California, Berkeley on edX – September 8 (10 weeks)
- Modern & Contemporary American Poetry – University of Pennsylvania on Coursera – September 12 (10 weeks)
- Chinese Thought: Ancient Wisdom Meets Modern Science – Part 1 – The University of British Columbia on edX – September 14 (5 weeks)
- How to Write an Essay – University of California, Berkeley on edX – September 14 (48 weeks)
- A Global History of Architecture – Massachusetts Institute of Technology on edX – September 22 (12 weeks)
- Introduction to Logic – Stanford University on Coursera – September 28 (8 weeks)
- Digital Storytelling: Filmmaking for the Web – University of Birmingham on FutureLearn – September 28 (4 weeks)
Note: The trailer for A Global History of Architecture is featured above.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and LinkedIn and share intelligent media with your friends. And if you want to make sure that our posts definitely appear in your Facebook newsfeed, just follow these simple steps.