FYI: This month, roughly 340 MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) will be getting underway, giving you the chance to take courses from top flight universities, at no cost. With the help of Class Central, we've pulled together a complete list of October MOOCS. Below, you can find a few courses that piqued our interest.
- Technology Entrepreneurship – Stanford University on NovoEd – October 2 (6 weeks)
- A Brief History of Human Spaceflight – University of Houston System on Coursera – October 3 (9 weeks)
- Buddhism and Modern Psychology – Princeton University on Coursera – October 3 (6 weeks)
- Effective Altruism with Peter Singer – Princeton University on Coursera – October 3 (9 weeks)
- Start Writing Fiction – The Open University on FutureLearn – October 3 (8 weeks)
- Introduction to Italian Opera – Dartmouth on edX – October 10 (6 weeks)
- Fundamentals of Music Theory – University of Edinburgh on Coursera – October 10
- Designing the Future – RMIT University on FutureLearn – October 17
- Introduction to Italian – Università per Stranieri di Siena on FutureLearn – October 17 (6 weeks)
- Chinese Thought: Ancient Wisdom Meets Modern Science – Part 2 – The University of British Columbia on edX – October 25 (5 weeks)
- Hamlet’s Ghost – Harvard University on edX – October 31
- Video Game Design History – Rochester Institute of Technology on edX – October 31
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and LinkedIn and share intelligent media with your friends. And if you want to make sure that our posts definitely appear in your Facebook newsfeed, just follow these simple steps.