FYI: This month, 280 MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) will be getting underway, giving you the chance to take courses from top flight universities, at no cost. With the help of Class Central, we’ve pulled together a complete list of January MOOCS. Below, find a few courses that piqued our interest, or rummage through the list and find your own.
- Big History – From the Big Bang until Today – University of Amsterdam on Coursera – January 2
- The Science of Happiness – University of California, Berkeley on edX – January 3 (8 weeks)
- Wine Tasting: Sensory Techniques for Wine Analysis – University of California, Davis on Coursera – January 9
- Becoming an Entrepreneur – Massachusetts Institute of Technology on edX – January 9 (8 weeks)
- Japanese Culture Through Rare Books – Keio University on FutureLearn – January 9
- Making Sense of the News: News Literacy Lessons for Digital Citizens – State University of New York on Coursera – January 9
- Mountains 101 – University of Alberta on Coursera – January 9
- Music & Society – University of the Arts The Hague on Coursera – January 9
- Data Science Math Skills – Duke University on Coursera – January 9
Follow Open Culture on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Plus, and Flipboard and share intelligent media with your friends. Or better yet, sign up for our daily email and get a daily dose of Open Culture in your inbox. To make sure that our posts definitely appear in your Facebook newsfeed, just follow these simple steps.
If you’d like to help support Open Culture, please sign up for a 30-day free trial from Audible.com or The Great Courses Plus. You will get free audio books and free courses in return. No strings attached.