As America closes it borders, you may feel the need to open your mind. We’re here to help you do that.
This month, 250+ MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) will be getting underway, giving you the chance to take courses from top flight international universities, at no cost. With the help of Class Central, we’ve pulled together a complete list of February MOOCS. Below, we’ve listed a few courses that piqued our interest. (Some seem downright relevant to our time.) You can also rummage through the complete list of MOOCs, and find your own.
- Leadership and Emotional Intelligence – Indian School of Business on Coursera – February 1
- Becoming a Changemaker: Introduction to Social Innovation – University of Cape Town on Coursera – February 6
- Ethical Social Media – The University of Sydney on Coursera – February 6
- Film, Images & Historical Interpretation in the 20th Century: The Camera Never Lies– University of London International Programmes on Coursera – February 6
- Introduction to Psychology – University of Toronto on Coursera – February 6 (8 weeks)
- Music and Social Action – Yale University on Coursera – February 6 (9 weeks)
- The Blues: Understanding and Performing an American Art Form – University of Rochester on Coursera – February 6 (7 weeks)
- The Holocaust – An Introduction (II): The Final Solution – Tel Aviv University on Coursera – February 6 (3 weeks)
- The Power of Colour – KLC School of Design on FutureLearn – February 6
- Communication Skills for Bridging Divides – Catalyst on edX – February 7
- Hong Kong Cinema through a Global Lens – edX – February 7
- Global Muckraking: Investigative Journalism and Global Media – Columbia University on edX – February 8
- Human Rights for Open Societies – Utrecht University on Coursera – February 13
- Teaching Literacy Through Film – The British Film Institute on FutureLearn – February 20 (4 weeks)
- The Holocaust: an Introduction – Part 2 – Tel Aviv University on FutureLearn – February 20 (3 weeks)
- Exploring English: Shakespeare – British Council on FutureLearn – February 27 (6 weeks)
- English Grammar and Style – University of Queensland on edX – February 27 (9 weeks)
If you’d like to support Open Culture and our mission, please consider making a donation to our site. It’s hard to rely 100% on ads, and your contributions will help us provide the best free cultural and educational materials.