FYI: This month, 700 MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) will be getting underway, giving you the chance to take courses from top flight universities, at no cost. With the help of Class Central, we've pulled together a complete list of May MOOCS. Below, find a few courses that piqued our interest, or rummage through the list and find your own.
- Introduction to Key Constitutional Concepts and Supreme Court Cases – University of Pennsylvania on Coursera – May 1
- Introduction to Philosophy – University of Edinburgh on Coursera – May 1 (7 weeks)
- Entrepreneurship 101: Who is Your Customer? – Massachusetts Institute of Technology on edX – May 2 (2 weeks)
- Ancient Philosophy: Plato & His Predecessors – University of Pennsylvania on Coursera – May 8 (4 weeks)
- An Introduction to Screenwriting – University of East Anglia on FutureLearn – May 8 (2 weeks)
- Science & Cooking: From Haute Cuisine to Soft Matter Science (part 2) – Harvard University on edX – May 17
- Online Games: Literature, New Media, and Narrative – Vanderbilt University on Coursera – May 22 (7 weeks)
- Japanese Culture Through Rare Books – Keio University on FutureLearn – May 22
If you'd like to support Open Culture and our mission, please consider making a donation to our site. It's hard to rely 100% on ads, and your contributions will help us provide the best free cultural and educational materials.