Take it easy during the Labor Day weekend. But come Tuesday morning, make sure you're ready to hit the ground running. In September, 1600 MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) will be getting underway, giving you the chance to take courses from top flight universities. With the help of Class Central, we've pulled together a complete list of September MOOCS. Below, find a few courses that piqued our interest, or rummage through the complete list and find your own:
- Seeing Through Photographs - The Museum of Modern Art on Coursera - September 4 (6 weeks)
- Philosophy, Science and Religion: Science and Philosophy - University of Edinburgh on Coursera - September 4
- Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life - The University of Chicago on Coursera - September 4
- Music Moves: Why Does Music Make You Move? - University of Oslo on FutureLearn - September 4 (6 weeks)
- The Science of Success: What Researchers Know that You Should Know - University of Michigan on Coursera - September 4
- The Science of Happiness - University of California, Berkeley on edX - September 5 (21 weeks)
- The Music of the Beatles - University of Rochester on Coursera - September 11 (7 weeks)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) - Columbia University on edX - September 11
- Introduction to Classical Music - Yale University on Coursera - September 11 (9 weeks)
- Big History - From the Big Bang until Today - University of Amsterdam on Coursera - September 11
- Introduction to Animal Behaviour - Wageningen University on edX - September 12 (8 weeks)
- Neural Networks and Deep Learning (SA) - Stanford University on Coursera - September 12
- Becoming an Entrepreneur - Massachusetts Institute of Technology on edX - September 18 (8 weeks)
You can view the big list of MOOCs here.
Would you like to support the mission of Open Culture? Please consider making a donation to our site. It's hard to rely 100% on ads, and your contributions will help us continue providing the best free cultural and educational materials to learners everywhere.