A quick fyi: 1,000+ MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) will be getting underway this month, giving you the chance to take free courses from top flight universities. With the help of Class Central, we've pulled together a complete list of February MOOCS. And below we've highlighted several courses that piqued our interest. The trailer above comes from the Princeton course, Buddhism and Modern Psychology, taught by bestselling author Robert Wright.
- Introduction to Neuroeconomics: How the Brain Makes Decisions - Higher School of Economics on Coursera - February 5 (9 weeks)
- Moral Foundations of Politics - Yale University on Coursera - February 5 (8 weeks)
- Making Sense of the News: News Literacy Lessons for Digital Citizens - State University of New York on Coursera - February 5
- The Modern and the Postmodern (Part 1) - Wesleyan University on Coursera - February 5 (7 weeks)
- Mindfulness for Wellbeing and Peak Performance - Monash University on FutureLearn - February 5 (6 weeks)
- Introduction to Philosophy - University of Edinburgh on Coursera - February 5 (7 weeks)
- Art & Ideas: Teaching with Themes - The Museum of Modern Art on Coursera - February 5
- Music and Social Action - Yale University on Coursera - February 5 (9 weeks)
- Wine Tasting: Sensory Techniques for Wine Analysis - University of California, Davis on Coursera - February 5
- Understanding Einstein: The Special Theory of Relativity - Stanford University on Coursera - February 5 (8 weeks)
- Women in Leadership: Inspiring Positive Change - Case Western Reserve University on Coursera - February 5 (5 weeks)
- Beyond the Ballot: Women’s Rights and Suffrage from 1866 to Today - Royal Holloway, University of London on FutureLearn - February 5
- Russian History: from Lenin to Putin - University of California, Santa Cruz on Coursera - February 5
- Logical and Critical Thinking - University Of Auckland on FutureLearn - February 12 (8 weeks)
- Philosophy, Science and Religion: Philosophy and Religion - University of Edinburgh on Coursera - February 12
- Introduction to the Quran: The Scripture of Islam - University of Notre Dame on edX - February 19 (9 weeks)
- Buddhism and Modern Psychology - Princeton University on Coursera - February 19 (6 weeks)
- Introducing Humanism: Non-religious Approaches to Life - Humanists UK on FutureLearn - February 19
Here's one tip to keep in mind: If you want to take a course for free, select the "Full Course, No Certificate" or "Audit" option when you enroll. If you would like an official certificate documenting that you have successfully completed the course, you will need to pay a fee.
If you'd like to support Open Culture and our mission, please consider making a donation to our site. It's hard to rely 100% on ads, and your contributions will help us provide the best free cultural and educational materials.