FYI. 2,000+ MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) are getting underway this month, giving you the chance to take free courses from top flight universities. With the help of Class Central, we've pulled together a complete list of July MOOCS. And below we've highlighted several courses that caught our eye. The trailer above comes from Søren Kierkegaard - Subjectivity, Irony and the Crisis of Modernity, a course created by the University of Copenhagen.
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence (AI) - Microsoft on edX - July 1
- Introduction to Design Thinking - Microsoft on edX - July 1
- Introduction to Linguistics - University of Birmingham on FutureLearn - July 2
- Søren Kierkegaard - Subjectivity, Irony and the Crisis of Modernity - University of Copenhagen on Coursera - July 2 (8 weeks)
- Positive Psychology - The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill on Coursera - July 2 (6 weeks)
- Ancient Philosophy: Plato & His Predecessors - University of Pennsylvania on Coursera - July 2 (4 weeks)
- Seeing Through Photographs - The Museum of Modern Art on Coursera - July 9 (6 weeks)
- Modern Art & Ideas - The Museum of Modern Art on Coursera - July 9 (5 weeks)
- Music as Biology: What We Like to Hear and Why - Duke University on Coursera - July 9 (6 weeks)
- Design Thinking for the Greater Good: Innovation in the Social Sector - University of Virginia on Coursera - July 16
- Jane Austen: Myth, Reality and Global Celebrity - University of Southampton on FutureLearn - July 16
Here's one tip to keep in mind: If you want to take a course for free, select the "Full Course, No Certificate" or "Audit" option when you enroll. If you would like an official certificate documenting that you have successfully completed the course, you will need to pay a fee.
If you'd like to support Open Culture and our mission, please consider making a donation to our site. It's hard to rely 100% on ads, and your contributions will help us provide the best free cultural and educational materials.