FYI. 2,000+ MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) are getting underway in March, giving you the chance to take free courses from top flight universities. With the help of Class Central, we've pulled together a complete list of March MOOCS. And below we've highlighted several courses that piqued our interest. The trailer above comes from the University of Edinburgh's Introduction to Philosophy.
- How Music Can Change Your Life - University of Melbourne - March 4
- Scandinavian Film and Television - University of Copenhagen - March 4
- Introduction to Machine Learning - Duke University - March 4
- Human Rights Theory and Philosophy - Curtin University - March 4
- Moral Foundations of Politics - Yale University - March 4
- Mindfulness for Wellbeing and Peak Performance - Monash University - March 4
- Reasoning Across the Disciplines - The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - March 4
- Introduction to Philosophy - University of Edinburgh - March 4
- Design Thinking - University of Virginia - March 4
- Conscious Capitalism - Babson College - March 5
- The Science of Beer - Wageningen University - March 5
- Ancient Philosophy: Plato & His Predecessors - University of Pennsylvania - March 11
- Journey of the Universe: The Unfolding of Life - Yale University - March 11
- The Psychology of Thrill Seekers - Emory University - March 11
- The Science of Well-Being - Yale University on Coursera - March 11
Here's one tip to keep in mind: If you want to take a course for free, select the "Full Course, No Certificate" or "Audit" option when you enroll. If you would like an official certificate documenting that you have successfully completed the course, you will need to pay a fee.
Would you like to support the mission of Open Culture? Please consider making a donation to our site. It's hard to rely 100% on ads, and your contributions will help us continue providing the best free cultural and educational materials to learners everywhere.