Trump’s Denials Turned into a Ramones Song: “I WANT NOTHING. I WANT NOTHING. I WANT NO QUID PRO QUO.”

Yesterday Gordon D. Sondland, the United States ambassador to the European Union, had this to say to Congress: “I know that members of this committee have frequently framed these complicated issues in the form of a simple question: Was there a quid pro quo?” “As I testified previously, with regard to the requested White House call and White House meeting, the answer is yes.”

It was damning testimony. And it left the president with little choice but to try and exonerate himself. So he walked onto the South Lawn of the White House, and read some notes, written with a sharpie in CAPS, all supposedly documenting the real content of a call he had with Sondland several months ago: “I WANT NOTHING. I WANT NOTHING. I WANT NO QUID PRO QUO." “TELL ZELLINSKY TO DO THE RIGHT THING. THIS IS THE FINAL WORD FROM THE PRES OF THE U.S.”

Hours later, someone on Twitter turned the denial into a Ramones song. Punk comic relief. Listen above.

Support Open Culture

We're hoping to rely on our loyal readers rather than erratic ads. To support Open Culture's continued operation, please consider making a donation. We thank you!

• John Glover says:

I’d say it’s more of a Dickies song than Ramones

• Jenny Lens says:

IF anyone thinks this is a Ramones song, and not more hardcore like Adolescents, Black Flag, Social Distortion, etc, they are nuts. I knew and photographed the Ramones. Not close by a mile!! Doesn’t sound like Johnny’s guitar nor Dee Dee nor anyone’s bass nor Joey’s nasally pop voice. #EpicFail at Ramones comparison. This is HARDCORE punk, not Ramones!! NOT all punk sounds alike, ya know.

• Jamie Cooper says:

wow, this is disrespectful to the memories of the Ramones! and doesn’t sound like the Ramones either!

• Liessi from BC says:

Never Mind the Bollocks … here come the Brain Spurs!

• Mark Medland says:

Sounds more like Circle Jerks

• Marky says:

My God now even the self- proclaiming former punks are getting offended. We’ve come full circle jerk. Posers

• Marky says:

You should have learned something in those years. Who gives a shit? Don’t worry, I’ll promise you’re a former punk

• Amos says:

Bwahaha, listen to all these wiggle tooth little cock splats whining on and on like they are some kind of punk philosophers. Eat a richard.

• Jack says:

I was a punk before you were a punk punk. Long live Mikey Wild!

• David says:

Wow who cares how close to a Ramones song it is it’s a
    joke My studio in NYC recorded 2 of there albums
    And I don’t give a hoot. How bored are you people ???
    I thought it was a fun funny attempt. AT HUMOR not
    Not a ramones karoke political satire to be so exact

• Joey Lombardi says:

Trump and the Ramones in the same sentence? Not right?

• Dick Cabeza says:

Some punks and former hard-core guys became corrupt politicians like that Justin Brannan jack-off in Brooklyn. Formerly of Indecision and Most Precious Blood, this lying sack of crap. Now “ex-punk” Justin Brannan is a “councilman” (whatever the hell those dweebs do) and he takes bribes from corporations. Not all punks turned out too well!
    Better off dying from a heart attack, some punks.
    The useless Brannan mofo shills for the NYPD now also.