- An Intimate Tour Through the Music of Yo-Yo Ma iTunes Feed Web Site
- Each episode of this podcast delves into the history of his career, and what led him to record each of the tracks of his current release Appassionato.
- Bach Podcast from Magnatune.com iTunes Feed Web Site
- 60 free minutes of Bach.
- Bach Festival of Philadelphia Feed Web Site
- Live performances of J.S. Bach works performed by various artists for The Bach Festival of Philadelphia.
- Boston Symphony Orchestra Conservatory iTunes Feed Web Site
- This educational podcast gives you an inside look at the symphony. Currently you will find a two season overview and recordings of Beethoven and Arnold Schoenberg.
- Classical Performance iTunes Feed Web Site
- Classical music performances from WGBH’s Studio One in Boston.
- Composers Datebooks iTunes Feed Web Site
- American Public Media’s Composers Datebook informs, engages, and entertains with timely information about composers of the past and present.
- Danmarks Radio – Mozart Symphonies Feed Web Site
- For the celebration of Mozart’s 250th anniversary, Denmark radio offered podcasts of nine Mozart symphonies by the Danish Radio Symphony Orchestra. Since the web site is in Danish, your best bet is to access these high quality MP3’s through the feed.
- Deutsche Welle
- Beethovenfest iTunes Feed Web Site
- Beethoven’s most famous symphonies performed by excellent young orchestras and new compositions by award-winning composers.
- Classical Masterpieces iTunes Feed Web Site
- Six master composers, six symphonies, a star conductor and a leading orchestra are the main ingredients of this remarkable musical feast.
- Beethovenfest iTunes Feed Web Site
- Gramophone Podcast Feed Web Site
- A monthly window into the world’s most authoritative classical music magazine, featuring an overview of the best releases, news, exclusive interviews with leading figures from the music world, and lots of great music.
- New Classical Tracks with Julie Amacher iTunes Feed Web Site
- Host Julie Amacher provides an in-depth exploration of a new classical music release each week.
- Naxos Classical Music Spotlight iTunes Feed Web Site
- A leading classical music label looks at new releases, as well as the performers and composers who make Naxos’ recordings.
- NPR Music iTunes Feed Web Site
- Reviews, musician interviews, live recordings from Morning Edition, All Things Considered, and other NPR programs.
- Philharmonia Orchestra Video Podcasts iTunes Feed Web Site
- A monthly series of video podcasts takes you behind the scenes with the Philharmonia Orchestra, including interviews with conductors, soloists and listening guides to famous pieces from the classical repertoire.
- Radio Sweden: Mozart iTunes Feed Web Site
- Swedish Radio has launched a Mozart Podcast to celebrate Mozart’s 250th birthday. They’ve been podcasting their own recordings from the 1940-1950s of Mozart’s operas.
- The Concert iTunes Feed Web Site
- Beethoven, Bach, Mozart and more from the Isabella Stewart Gardner museum in Boston.
- The Music of Masterworks iTunes Feed Web Site
- Sony BMG Masterworks provides podcasts featuring interviews with artists and upcoming releases.
- Wagner Operas Podcast iTunes Feed Web Site
- Features, among other things, performances from the Bayreuth Festival.
Jazz & Blues
- Bending Corners Feed Web Site
- BendingCorners explores the groove within: acid jazz, afro-beat, bop, cool jazz, cosmic jazz, dub, downtempo, electro-jazz, fusion, future jazz, groove jazz, jazzatronic, jazz dance, jazz-funk, jazz-rock, kozmigroov, modal, phusion, progressive, modern, nu-jazz, soul-jazz, spiritual, and world.
- Brooklyn Jazz Underground iTunes Web Site Blog
- A podcast looking at the Brooklyn jazz scene. Part music, part interview.
- Christian McBride Podcasts iTunes Feed Web Site
- Talks with and peformances by bassist Christian McBride. Includes some video clips.
- Detroit Jazz Stage iTunes Feed Web Site
- A monthly podcast featuring the best in the Detroit jazz scene.
- In the Groove, Jazz and Beyond iTunes Feed Web Site
- From Jazz masters of past and present to emerging new artists performing hard-bop jazz and fusion. Featuring Independent Jazz artists from around the world. A popular podcast.
- Jazz Corner Innerviews Feed Web Site
- Jazzcorner.com innerviews are vignettes with insightful commentary, interesting sound bites and lots of great music with great jazz masters and up and coming musicians. Each podcast ranges in time from 4 minutes to more than an hour.
- Jazz in Chicago iTunes Feed Web Site
- Interviews and information about the jazz scene in Chicago.
- Jazz Podcast from Magnatune iTunes Feed Web Site
- 60 minutes of straight, high quality jazz.
- NPR Piano Jazz Shorts iTunes Feed Web Site
- For more than twenty-five years, pianist Marian McPartland has welcomed a stellar line-up of jazz artists for conversation and improvisation on her Peabody Award-winning program. Piano Jazz showcases both acclaimed artists and up-and-coming performers.
- Pat Metheny – The Song X Podumentary iTunes Feed Web Site
- Guitarist Pat Metheny explores his influences, recordings, music and more on this intimate podcast series.
- Portland Jazz Jams Podshow iTunes Feed Web Site
- Live jazz jams, interviews with great players, and instructional materials, all coming out of the Portland jazz scene.
- Sonny Rollins Podcast iTunes Web Site
- A 12-part video podcast series to be released in monthly installments. It introduces Sonny Rollins, a major American jazz figure, to new listeners.
- Swing is in the Air iTunes Web Site
- Although swing is something of a focus here, this podcast coming out of Canada also looks at other jazz forms.
- The History of Chicago Blues iTunes Web Site
- Narrated by Buddy Guy, this enhanced and extensive podcast takes you on a tour (geographical and historical) of Chicago’s rich blues tradition.
- The Jazz Suite Feed Web Site
- This is a podcast dedicated to Jazz played by independent and indie artists that the major music labels have missed.
- The Night Passage Jazz Podcast iTunes Feed Web Site
- An English-language podcast coming out of Rome, Italy.
- The Traneumentary iTunes Feed Web Site
- A series of podcasts featuring the work of the jazz great, John Coltrane.
- Beatlegs Podcast iTunes Feed Web Site
- Features rare interviews or behind the scenes clips, followed by a rare outtake or live performance that few have heard before.
- Beatles Minute iTunes Feed Web Site
- A podcast coming out of Philadelphia that gives you short, daily tidbits about the band.
- Bob Dylan Podcast iTunes Web Site
- Patti Smith hosts music and conversation about Bob Dylan. His friends, early influences and collaborators discuss their close relationships with Dylan, the stories behind his greatest songs and other memorable moments of his career. Journalists and biographers add critical insights and provide historical contexts.
- Bono: The Rolling Stone Interview iTunes Feed Web Site
- Jann Wenner leads a long and wide-ranging interview with the lead singer of U2.
- Elvis Costello: The First Ten Years iTunes Feed Web Site
- Elvis Costello looks back at the beginning of his music career.
- George Harrison: Living in a Material World iTunes
- A look back at George Harrison’s 3rd solo album. Includes talks with artists who played on the album.
- John Lennon: The Rolling Stone Interview iTunes Feed Web Site
- Conducted by Jann Wenner (the founder of Rolling Stone Magazine) this famous 1970 interview with John Lennon was conducted shortly after The Beatles’ bitter breakup. Running over 3 hours, it is one of Lennon’s most extensive interviews, touching not just on the breakup, but also on art and politics, drugs, Yoko, primal therapy and more.
- John Lennon: The Lost Lennon Tapes iTunes Feed Web Site
- Originally presented by Westwood One in 1988, this podcast presents a collection of Lennon’s private tapes — tapes that include early recordings of The Beatles, radio interviews with John, demo tapes, chronicles of the Double Fantasy recording sessions, and private moments at home.
- Pet Sounds 40th Anniversary Podcast iTunes Web Site
- The Beach Boys look back at their album that is consistently considered their finest and an important one in the rock tradition. The podcast includes 15 tracks.
- Rolling Stone: Best New Bands (Video) iTunes
- The Beach Boys: The Warmth of the Sun iTunes Web Site
- Narrated by The Beach Boys themselves, this podcasts looks at the band’s artistry and complex legacy.
- The Elvis Presley Podcast iTunes Website
- This podcast, which features musical excerpts and interviews, revisits the King’s unparalleled musical career.
Also see our collection of Mp3 Music Blogs.
- An Aquarium Drunkard: Based in Los Angeles, this eclectic audio blog “bridges the gap between contemporary indie and vintage garage, psych-folk, country, New Orleans funk, R&B, soul and everything that falls in between.”
- Brooklyn Vegan: Here you get a New York City-centric, mostly-music blog that focuses on reporting music news, live show reviews, tour dates, and, yes, MP3’s.
- Cacophonous: A classical music MP3 blog.
- Chromewaves: Along with the ruminations of a self-confessed indie rock geek, you get an “MP3 of the Week” that features a random or not-so-random cover song.
- Daytrotter: Gives you “exclusive, re-worked, alternate versions of old songs and unreleased tracks by some of your favorite bands and by a lot of your next favorite bands.”
- Destination: Out: A jazz blog focusing on rare or out-of-print music. Typically publishes twice a week, and leaves songs available for about two weeks.
- Discobelle: A Sweden-based music blog that posts single tracks and remixes and occasionally exclusive mixes from DJs all around the world.
- Done Waiting: Part film, part music with MP3s.
- Elbows: A meta collection of great music blog posts, which collectively provides you a snapshot of what’s going on in the new genre of audio/music blogging.
- Fluxblog: One of the oldest and most commonly cited MP3 blogs, this site posts two MP3s every weekday along with more related information.
- Gorilla vs. Bear: One of the biggies worth checking out.
- I Guess I’m Floating: A good music blog with a good sprinkling of MP3s.
- Idolator: Maybe this summary will help: “When the internet came, we overthrew the pasty white tastemakers, the duplicitous music marketers and the manufactured pop idols. And then they all came back. This is Idolator. We’re so disappointed.”
- La Blogotheque: A well-regarded French language MP3 blog.
- Largehearted Boy: A “music blog featuring daily free and legal music downloads as well as news from the worlds of music, literature, and pop culture.”
- Marathon Packs: Writes about and lets you listen to interesting songs, to paraphrase the sites self-description. Keeps audio files posted for two weeks.
- Moistworks: An audio blog started in April 2004 (meaning it has a track record) that gets updated Monday through Friday.
- Motel De Moka: A daily blog posting eclectic playlists, including indie rock, acoustics and ambient.
- My Old Kentucky Blog: What’s new and hot in indie rock, pop, folk and hip-hop.
- Nothing But Green Lights: An MP3 blog that keeps track of indie, electro, folk & pop, all from the UK. The site only posts tracks that the internet is giving away for free, or ones that have been granted permission.
- Product Shop NYC: Although not exclusively an MP3 blog, you do get some MP3s worth your time here.
- Said the Gramophone: Launched in 2003, the site is among the first MP3 blogs and it offers a daily sampler of “really good songs,” although all songs are removed within a week or two of posting. The blog comes out of Canada.
- Six Eyes: An MP3 blog by Alan Williamson.
- Skatter Brain: A mostly indiepop music blog.
- So Much Silence: MP3s a plenty.
- Soul Crates: Your home for soul MP3s.
- Stereogum: A popular gossipy blog about the indie music scene. The site often posts MP3s of new music, plus offers record reviews, announces tour dates, and covers music festivals.
- The Hype Machine: The Hype Machine tracks and aggregates a variety of MP3 blogs. Another meta approach.
- The Music Slut: A comprehensive music blog with oodles of MP3s.
- Trrill: Another good classical music audio blog.
- WFMU Beware of the Blog: An MP3 blog run by WFMU, an independent freeform radio station broadcasting out of NYC.
- Who Needs Radio?: We believe in music, not money. We’re here to keep your ears alive.
- You Ain’t No Picasso: A good music blog with a very nice blogroll and MP3s too.
[…] Music Podcast Collection (see full collection here) […]
[…] http://www.oculture.com/2006/10/music_podcast_collection_-_classical_jazz_and_rock.html […]
[…] w angielski, free, ipod by ack w dniu marzec 9th, 2008 Kolekcja podcastów muzycznych Music Podcast Collection – Classical, Jazz, and Rock | Open Culture « htm2pdf – konwertuj dowolną stronę sieci […]
Subscribe to Full Caliber’s emailing list and instantly receive two Free Mp3 tracks of good hard Full Caliber rock and roll, just for joining! http://www.fullcaliber.com
Thomas de Lates – a gifted crooner with a warm, sensual and incredibly vital and impressive baritone voice, presents sentimental jazz-standards from the American Songbook: the sweetest evergreens of the golden era of Swing as well as exciting latino-hits, and of course that kind of rhythm and blues songs, which approach the listeners soul and mind in a very personal, enchanting way. Enjoy his mature, velvet-soft timbre that touches your heart with burning passion and utmost tenderness to give you the pleasure of easy listening at ist best – Thomas de Lates brings those love songs to you, which will make your day!
Do you download Jonathan Schwart’s shows from 96.3FM NYC?
I’m not sure of the station number. He is on the weekends 12-4PM Saturdays & Sundays.
i unther stand afew english language
please send for me english music
[…] more jazz, check out our Music Podcast Collection. Also check out one of our previous pieces: Miles and Coltrane on YouTube: The Jazz […]
[…] von Karajan conducting the same symphony in 1966. Lastly, get lots of free classical music from our Music Podcast Collection. […]
Bach Podcast from Magnatune.com Is not Ad free as stated.
[…] On Friday, we gave you this animated piece that shows the genius of Bach. Now, we give you an animated score of Beethoven’s 5th, and here you can find a chart that explains what the colors in the bar graph score mean. Essentially each color represents a particular instrument. Get the chart here, and don’t forget that you can find more free classical music in our Music Podcast Collection. […]
[…] Classical Music and Jazz: This collection features free music by Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Wagner, Yo Yo Ma and more. And if you care to scroll down, you will also find a plentiful list of jazz podcasts. […]
[…] Classical Music and Jazz […]
Have you listened to WFMT in Chicago. A Wonderful classical station.
[…] Music Podcast Collection – Classical, Jazz, and Rock | Open Culture (tags: music podcast podcasts classical culture jazz) […]
[…] Classical Music and Jazz […]
[…] http://www.openculture.com/2006/10/music_podcast_collection_-_classical_jazz_and_rock.html – REALLY cool site with different music podcasts! […]