A quick fyi: Stanford Continuing Studies opened up registration this Monday for its fall lineup of online writing courses. Offered in partnership with the Stanford Creative Writing Program (one of the most distinguished writing programs in the country), these online courses give beginning and advanced writers, no matter where they live, the chance to refine their craft with gifted writing instructors.
Classes will start in late September. And many of these classes fill quickly. To get more information on these writing courses, click here, or separately check out this FAQ.
Caveat emptor: These classes are NOT free, and I helped set them up. So while I wholeheartedly believe in these courses, you can take my views with a proverbial grain of salt.
- Creative Nonfiction with The New York Times
- Science Writing with The New York Times
- Creative Writing as a Way of Life
- Finding the Story: How to Break into Magazine Writing
- Creative Nonfiction: Writing Your Personal Journey
- Writing Poetry: A Practical Approach
- Creative Nonfiction II: Finding Form and Building Structure
- So Not Chick Lit: Writing Novels about Women’s Lives
- Short Fiction Writing for Publications
- Short Story Writing: Breaking Through (Closed)
- Novel Writing I: The Powerful Beginning (Closed)
Leave a Reply