Summer is over. Kids are heading back to college. Luckily, so can you. If you peruse our list, MOOCs from Great Universities, you’ll find 150 free MOOCs getting started this month. Above, see the trailer for Modern & Contemporary American Poetry, a course taught by Al Filreis, an innovative poetry professor from the University of Pennsylvania. The course starts today. Other tempting courses on the September list include:
- China: Invasions, Rebellions, and the End of Imperial China – Harvard on edX – September 4 (4 weeks)
- The Science of Happiness – Berkeley on edX – September 9 (10 weeks)
- Scaling Up Your Venture Without Screwing Up – Stanford Business School on Novoed – September 15 (6 weeks)
- Laura Ingalls Wilder: Exploring Her Work & Writing Life – Missouri State on Canvas – September 22 (8 weeks)
- Revolutionary Ideas: An Introduction to Legal and Political Philosophy – UPenn on Coursera – September 21 (6 weeks)
- Shakespeare and his World – University of Warwick on FutureLearn – September 29 (10 weeks)
But that’s just what speaks to me. Visit our list and see what courses speak to you.
Note: Some of the MOOC providers are now starting to charge for certificates. The courses are still free, but sometimes you have to pay for the certificate of completion/statement of accomplishment. If you care about the piece of paper, please take that into consideration.