FYI. 2,400+ MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) are getting underway in April, giving you the chance to take free courses from top flight universities. With the help of Class Central, we’ve pulled together a complete list of April MOOCS. And below we’ve highlighted several courses that piqued our interest. The trailer above comes from the University of Edinburgh’s Introduction to Philosophy.
- Creative Writing: The Craft of Character – Wesleyan University – April 1 (4 weeks)
- Russian History: from Lenin to Putin – University of California, Santa Cruz – April 1
- The Modern and the Postmodern (Part 1) – Wesleyan University – April 1 (7 weeks)
- Design Thinking – University of Virginia – April 1 (5 weeks)
- Introduction to Philosophy – University of Edinburgh – April 1 (7 weeks)
- The Science of Well-Being – Yale University – April 1
- A Journey through Western Christianity: from Persecuted Faith to Global Religion (200 – 1650) – Yale University – April 1
- Ancient Philosophy: Plato & His Predecessors – University of Pennsylvania – April 8 (4 weeks)
- Modern American Poetry – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign – April 8
- Buddhism and Modern Psychology – Princeton University – April 15 (6 weeks)
- The Importance and Power of Music in our Society – University of the Arts The Hague – April 29
- Women Making History: Ten Objects, Many Stories – Harvard University – April 30
Here’s one tip to keep in mind: If you want to take a course for free, select the “Full Course, No Certificate” or “Audit” option when you enroll. If you would like an official certificate documenting that you have successfully completed the course, you will need to pay a fee.
Would you like to support the mission of Open Culture? Please consider making a donation to our site. It’s hard to rely 100% on ads, and your contributions will help us continue providing the best free cultural and educational materials to learners everywhere.