FYI: If you sign up for a MasterClass course by clicking on the affiliate links in this post, Open Culture will receive a small fee that helps support our operation.
If you’re looking for a last minute gift for a thoughtful person in your life, here’s one option to consider. MasterClass lets you electronically purchase online courses and give them as gifts to family members and friends. For $90, you could give the gift of a single course. (The recipient gets to choose which particular course they want to take.) Or, for $180, you can give the recipient a year-long pass to every course in the MasterClass catalogue. You can get started with the gift-giving process here. And find a list of available courses below.
- Annie Leibovitz Teaches Photography
- Gordon Ramsay Teaches Cooking
- Frank Gehry Teaches Architecture & Design
- Samuel Jackson Teaches Acting
- Judy Blume Teaches Writing
- Steve Martin Teaches Comedy
- Jane Goodall Teaches Conservation
- Herbie Hancock Teaches Jazz
- Garry Kasparov Teaches Chess
- Werner Herzog Teaches Filmmaking
- Aaron Sorkin Teaches Screenwriting
- David Mamet Teaches Dramatic Writing
- James Patterson Teaches Writing
- Hans Zimmer Teaches Film Scoring
- Thomas Keller Teaches Cooking Techniques
- Stephen Curry Teaches Shooting, Ball-Handling, Scoring
- Christina Aguilera Teaches Singing
- Deadmau5 Teaches Electronic Music Production
- Shonda Rhimes Teaches Writing for Television
- Marc Jacobs Teaches Fashion Design
- Usher Teaches the Art of Performance
- Serena Williams Teaches Tennis
- Reba McEntire Teaches Country Music
Note: MasterClasss and Open Culture have a partnership. If you sign up for a MasterClass course, it benefits not just you and MasterClass. It benefits Open Culture too. So consider it win-win-win.
If you would like to sign up for Open Culture’s free email newsletter, please find it here.
If you would like to support the mission of Open Culture, consider making a donation to our site. It’s hard to rely 100% on ads, and your contributions will help us continue providing the best free cultural and educational materials to learners everywhere. You can contribute through PayPal, Patreon, and Venmo (@openculture). Thanks!