Bach wrote 1080 compositions during his lifetime. And now thanks to the new and certainly ambitious All of Bach web site, you can eventually watch the Netherlands Bach Society (founded in 1921) perform each and every one of those compositions. The site features 13 performances so far (see below), which means there’s only another 1067 to go. A new Bach recording will go live every Friday. So you mark your calendars and check in weekly for the next 20 years. Thanks to Erik for sending this our way!
- Nun Komm, der Heiden Heiland – Cantata, BWV 61
- Toccata and Fugue in D minor – Organ work, BWV 565
- Herr Gott, Dich loben alle wir – Cantata, BWV 130
- Herr Gott, nun schleuss den Himmel auf Herr Gott, nun schleuss den Himmel auf Organ work – BWV 617
- Organ concerto in A minor (after Vivaldi) – BWV 593
- Ich habe genung – Cantata – BWV 82
- The Well-Tempered Clavier I Prelude and Fugue in F sharp major – BWV 858
- The Well-Tempered Clavier I no. 6 in D minor Keyboard work – BWV 851
- The Well-Tempered Clavier I no. 12 in F minor Keyboard work – BWV 857
- Fantasia and Fuge in G Minor – Organ Work BWV 542
- Schwingt freudig euch empor Schwingt freudig euch empor Cantata – BWV 36
- Wir müssen durch viel Trübsal in das Reich Gottes eingehen Wir müssen durch viel Trübsal in das Reich Gottes eingehen Cantata – BWV 146
- Vater unser im Himmelreich Vater unser im Himmelreich Organ work – BWV 682
A Big Bach Download: All of Bach’s Organ Works for Free
The Genius of J.S. Bach’s “Crab Canon” Visualized on a Möbius Strip
Video: Glenn Gould Plays the Goldberg Variations by J.S. Bach
The website is there with portal pages to the few recordings they’ve put up so far, but no way I can see to play the music. Odd .. and frustrating.
Lisa…. I listened to all the recordings with no difficulty. There is no problem with the portal pages, the problem is with you!
Well this should keep you occupied for a weekend.An extended weekend. Very extended.
Also free Bach organworks: http://www.brambrandemann.nl : all Bach organworks, but in progress.
Well played Bach, a beautifull project!
I can’t wait to have a listen. I’m gladI’ve joined the club.
Excellent initiative. Can’t wait for some of the remaining pieces to be published, the quality is fantastic.
For two Bach on piano recordings that were recently made available to the public domain, check out the Open Goldberg Variations: http://www.opengoldbergvariations.org and the Open Well-Tempered Clavier: http://welltemperedclavier.org
I am so happily excited I feel like I am going to blow up!
Is the correct spelling not Ich Habe GENUG?
Does anyone know how many megabytes thi9os download would take? Thanks for letting me know if you do.
My Golden Years now are golden indeed.