Open Culture, LLC (“Open Culture,” “we” or “us” or “our”) respects artist and content owner rights. It is our policy to fully respond and comply with all alleged infringement notices that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”) by taking such material down for our site.
Please note that Open Culture does not produce or host any of the audio or video appearing on the site. Such material is produced and hosted by third party providers, and those providers should be contacted under the same DMCA provisions.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible via the Service, please notify our copyright agent as set forth in the DMCA. For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide us with the following information in writing:
1. An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
2. Identification of the specific copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
3. Identification of the specific material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the Service;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit Open Culture to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and, e-mail address;
5. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law; and
6. A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
The above information must be submitted to the following DMCA Agent:
Open Culture, LLC
c/o Robin Linsenmayer
1000 Marsh Road, Menlo Park CA 94025
The agent can also be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Please put “DMCA” in the subject line of the email.
UNDER FEDERAL LAW, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY AND CIVIL PENALTIES, INCLUDING MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES.
Please note that this procedure is only the notifying procedure for Open Culture and its affiliates that your copyrighted material has been infringed. The preceding requirements are intended to comply with our obligations under the DMCA, including 17 U.S.C. §512(c), but do not constitute legal advice. It may be advisable to contact an attorney regarding your rights and obligations under the DMCA and other applicable laws.
In further compliance with the DMCA and other applicable law, Open Culture reserves the right to terminate, in appropriate circumstances, Users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. Open Culture may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Service and/or terminate the accounts of any Users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.