Alfred Hitchcock, the master of suspense, directed more than 50 feature films during his long career. Today, his work is admired worldwide, and he's considered one of our finest directors. Although many of his landmark films remain copyrighted, some of his important works, particularly his early ones, have slipped into the public domain. And so we have catalogued 16 Alfred Hitchcock films that you can watch online – completely for free. All Hitchcock films appear in our big meta collection, 1,150 Free Movies Online: Great Classics, Indies, Noir, Westerns, etc.. You might also particularly enjoy our collection of Free Noir Films.
- Blackmail - Free - England's first "talkie" feature film, starring Anny Ondra, John Longden, and Cyril Ritchard. (1929)
- Bon Voyage - Free - A French language WWII propaganda film by Alfred Hitchcock. (1944)
- Downhill - Free - In this silent film, a public schoolboy "takes the blame for a friend's theft and his life falls apart in a series of misadventures." Also released under the title, When Boys Leave Home. (1927)
- Easy Virtue - Free - Early silent film directed by Alfred Hitchcock. Loosely based on a play by Noël Coward. (1928)
- Jamaica Inn - Free - A young woman discovers that she's living near a gang of criminals who arrange shipwrecks for profit. Stars Maureen O'Hara, Robert Newton and Charles Laughton. (1939)
- Memory of the Camps - Free - An attempt to revive a World War II film meant to document the Holocaust. Hitchcock was involved with the original project. (1985)
- Sabotage – Free – Alfred Hitchcock directs this British thriller based on Joseph Conrad’s novel The Secret Agent. Also released as The Woman Alone. (1936)
- Secret Agent - Free - Directed by Alfred Hitchcock, this film was loosely based on stories by W. Somerset Maugham. Stars John Gielgud, Peter Lorre, Madeleine Carroll and Robert Young. (1936)
- The 39 Steps - Free - One of Alfred Hitchcock’s first hits. British thriller is based on the novel with same name by John Buchan. (1935)
- The Lady Vanishes – Free – British thriller film directed by Alfred Hitchcock. Stars Margaret Lockwood and Michael Redgrave. (1938)
- The Lodger: A Story of the London Fog - Free - One of Hitchcock’s silent classics. A landlady suspects her lodger is a murderer killing women around London. It's said that this is Hitchcock's first "Hitchcockian" film. (1927)
- The Pleasure Garden - Free - After several collaborative efforts, Hitchcock made his solo directorial debut in the German-British co-production based on a novel by Oliver Sandys.
- The Skin Game - Free - A 1931 Hitchcock film based on a play by John Galsworthy recounts the tragic tale of a family feud. (1931)
- Waltzes From Vienna - Free - Alfred Hitchcock told Francois Truffaut that this film (about the writing and performance of The Blue Danube) was the low point of his film career. (1934)
- Young and Innocent - Free - Originally released in the US as The Girl Was Young, this Alfred Hitchcock film was based on Josephine Tey's novel A Shilling for Candles. (1937)