A news alert for fans of coloring books.
You can now take part in the 2018 edition of #ColorOurCollections–a campaign where museums, libraries and other cultural institutions make available free coloring books, letting you color artwork from their collections and then share it on Twitter and other social media platforms. When sharing, use the hashtag #ColorOurCollections.
Below you can find a collection of 20 free coloring books, which you can download, print, and color until you can color no more. Also find a complete list of 150 coloring books over at this site maintained by The New York Academy of Medicine Library.
- Brooklyn Collection at Brooklyn Public Library
- Cambridge University Library Coloring Book
- Carnegie Hall Archives Coloring Book
- Digita Vaticana
- Escuela Superior de Artes de Yucatán Coloring Book
- Europeana Coloring Book
- Harvard Center for the History of Medicine
- Lane Medical Library – Medical History Center, Stanford Medicine Coloring Book
- Newberry Library Coloring Book
- New York Academy of Medicine
- Northwestern University Distinctive Collections Coloring Book
- Queens’ College Library, Cambridge Coloring Book
- The Bodleian Libraries Coloring Book (Oxford)
- The British Library
- The Biodiversity Heritage Library
- The New York Botanical Garden
- The Smithsonian
- The University of Kansas
- Thomas Edison National Historical Park Coloring Book
- University of Strathclyde Archives and Special Collections Coloring Book
The image up top comes from The British Library.
If you would like to sign up for Open Culture’s free email newsletter, please find it here.
If you would like to support the mission of Open Culture, consider making a donation to our site. It’s hard to rely 100% on ads, and your contributions will help us continue providing the best free cultural and educational materials to learners everywhere. You can contribute through PayPal, Patreon, and Venmo (@openculture). Thanks!