Here's one for fans of horror, sci-fi and hardboiled fiction. Well Told Tales (iTunes - Feed - Web Site) brings you a series of "audio tales" from the pulp tradition. Each story runs somewhere between 15 and 35 minutes, and they're produced with an eye towards quality. The makers of this podcast select good short stories. And then they get professional actors to read them, which saves you from having to endure a potentially amateur podcast.
If these podcasts are up your alley, then you may also want to peruse some other audiobook collections in the same genre.
- Escapepod iTunes Feed Web Site
- Collections of well-reviewed sci-fi stories on audio.
- Pseudopod iTunes Feed Web Site
- The world’s first audio horror magazine.
- Stranger Things iTunes Feed Web Site
- This high-quality video podcast features stories of ordinary people stumbling into strange worlds (a la The Twilight Zone).
- The Time Traveler iTunes Feed Web Site
- Explores vintage American fiction. Orson Welles, Philip K. Dick, etc.
- Utopod iTunes - Feed - Web Site
- A free French-language podcast, created by Lucas Moreno and and Marc Tiefenauer, that offers readings of fantasy and sci fi stories written by noted authors across the Francophone world.
NOTE: All of these podcasts are included in our Audiobook Podcast Collection.