At the start of each new year, the Edge.org asks some of the world's leading scientific thinkers a big enchilada question. This year, it's "What Will Change Everything? What game-changing scientific ideas and developments do you expect to live to see?" Here you can find the answers given by 151 thinkers. (Collectively, the full set of replies runs 107,000 words.) Some of the intriguing answers include:
- The detection of extraterrestrial life. And this life may take the form of digital organisms that can move through the universe at the speed of light (wow!),
- A major upgrade of the human brain through technology,
- Our life span will potentially be extended to 150 years through genomics,
- The discovery of another universe within our own universe,
- The discovery of new time space dimensions, and
- The creation of a universal translation machine that will facilitate translation across the globe.
For the longer list, visit the full collection.