FYI. 2,400 MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) are getting underway in February, giving you the chance to take free courses from top flight universities. With the help of Class Central, we've pulled together a complete list of February MOOCS. And below we've highlighted several courses that caught our eye. The trailer above comes from MoMA's course, Seeing Through Photographs.
- Introduction to Philosophy - University of Edinburgh on Coursera - February 4 (7 weeks)
- Modern Masterpieces of World Literature - Harvard University on edX - February 5
- Ancient Philosophy: Plato & His Predecessors - University of Pennsylvania on Coursera - February 11 (4 weeks)
- Roman Architecture - Yale University on Coursera - February 18
- The Ancient Greeks - Wesleyan University on Coursera - February 18 (7 weeks)
- Food as Medicine: Food and Inflammation - Monash University on FutureLearn - February 18
- Seeing Through Photographs - The Museum of Modern Art on Coursera - February 18 (6 weeks)
- Inspiring and Motivating Arts and Culture Teams - University of Michigan on edX - February 19
Here's one tip to keep in mind: If you want to take a course for free, select the "Full Course, No Certificate" or "Audit" option when you enroll. If you would like an official certificate documenting that you have successfully completed the course, you will need to pay a fee.
If you'd like to support Open Culture and our mission, please consider making a donation to our site. It's hard to rely 100% on ads, and your contributions will help us provide the best free cultural and educational materials.