Free University Online Courses

This page is no longer updated, please our new collection of Free Courses from leading universities.

• Carnegie Mellon Open Learning Initiative
    • A collection of free online courses and course materials. Courses range from physics and chemistry, to french and statistics, to economics and calculus.
  • Columbia University – The Fathom Archive
    • This archive, provided by Columbia University, offers access to a complete range of free content developed by member institutions for Fathom. The member institutions included the University of Chicago, University of Michigan, London School of Economics, British Museum, and British Public Library, among others.

• Columbia University – e-Seminars

• Columbia offers here a series of e-seminars, which are three to five hour online classes. Registration is required. However, Columbia offers a 60-day free trial before asking for payment.
  • Cornell University
  • Harvard University
    • CyberOne: Law in the Court of Public Opinion. Click here to access. Also see Open Culture description.
    • Homeric Odyssey and the Cultivation of Justice. Cick here to access.
    • Understanding Computers and the Internet. Click here for more info.
  • Johns Hopkins School of Public Health – OpenCourseWare
    • The project provides access to course materials from the school’s most popular courses.
  • MIT OpenCourseWare
    • Provides access to MIT syllabi and course materials for educators, students,
      and self-learners around the world. MIT is the leader in the OpenCourseWare initiative.
  • MIT OpenCourseware (with Video and Audio)
    • While
      MIT’s OpenCourseware initiative mostly focuses on providing educators
      with syllabi, reading lists and lecture notes for MIT courses, the
      university has decided to provide more complete video and audio
      elements for some courses. You can access the list here.
  • Notre Dame OpenCourseWare
    • A very diversified set of educational resources for faculty,
      students, and self-learners throughout the world.
  • OpenCourseWare
    • The OpenCourseWare Consortium is a collaboration of more than 100
      higher education institutions worldwide committed to creating free and open digital publications of high quality educational materials. Here you can find a complete list of universities offering OpenCourseWare.
  • OpenLearn
    • The Open University’s OpenLearn website provides free and open educational resources for learners and educators around the world.
  • ParisTech “Grad School” OpenCourseWare
    • A large collection of free course materials presented by eleven of France’s foremost scientific and engineering institutions.
  • Tufts OpenCourseWare
    • Following MIT, Tufts is making available its syllabi, reading lists and course materials for educators around the world. They’re putting a focus on medicine, dentistry, nutrition, foreign relations, and arts & sciences.

University Video

University Radio Shows

• Georgetown University Forum

• The Georgetown University Forum is a weekly radio program highlighting
      the research and expertise of Georgetown University faculty.

Stay tuned, this page will be under continual and active development!

Email thisSubscribe to this feedAdd to del.icio.usDigg This!

Both comments and pings are currently closed.
  1. Education and Jobs. Few workaround and tips « Education and Job Weblog says . . . | November 15, 2007 / 8:55 pm

[...] Free University Online Courses [...]

2. salim says . . . | August 26, 2008 / 3:31 am

dear sir/madam
    I want to study english language online.
    thanks

3. Shakib zohrevandi says . . . | September 6, 2008 / 3:22 am

dear sir or madamm
    i am shakib zohrevandi and i am an industrial engineer and i want to know how can i continue my education in your university . free and online

Best regards

Shakib zohrevandi

4. AJAYI MATTHEW OLUWABUNMI says . . . | October 23, 2008 / 6:08 am

I am Ajayi Matthew Oluwabunmi, i and an Advanced Diploma in Corporate Administration and Registry Management certificate holder. How can I continue my edcuation. I have an experienced in HR for 3 years.

5. Md. Sadikul Islam says . . . | December 10, 2008 / 12:06 am

I want to learn a online course. please help me. How to complete a online course.

6. kehinde tope says . . . | February 9, 2009 / 12:42 pm

i need you to continue my studies online

7. RANAIVOSON Nathalia says . . . | February 13, 2009 / 4:46 am

Dear Sir/Madam,

It’s the first time that I visit this site and I am very happy that you can provide an on-line study. In fact, I have already got my bachelor in English and I want to continue to get my master in English. Could you please help since if it is free and online, I am ready to get this degree from your university.

Natha

8. Khandoker Kawsar says . . . | June 20, 2009 / 5:55 am

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a Law Graduate from University of London (External)and about to finish my Bar-at-Law from City law School, City University London. I want to be proud by completing any free online Course from Harvard Univetsity. I would be happy to get the information from you about What my way forward is? Thank you.

9. jihan dana says . . . | July 24, 2009 / 10:00 am

Dear Sir/Madam,

It’s the first time that I visit this site and I am very happy that you can provide an on-line free study. In fact, i nearly have master degree in public health so Iam preparing my thesis about evaluation the school health program in palestine and I want to continue to get my PHD.in public health, Could you please help since if it is free and online, I am ready to get this degree from Harvard university

10. yaasir says . . . | July 30, 2009 / 1:19 am

i am requesting for online university

11. courses need for dentistry harvard university says . . . | July 30, 2009 / 1:23 am

courses need for dentistry harvard university…

I was searching for courses need for dentistry harvard university” and found this your page (Maui Weather Today ” Hawaiian Islands weather details & Aloha …). Not what i actually searched, but your post looked interesting….

12. mencalo abimiku says . . . | August 12, 2009 / 6:34 am

dear sir/madamm i really need your assitance to study online and how do i start. thanks

13. mitra says . . . | September 28, 2009 / 12:55 pm

hello
    my name is mitra khani and i study radiology in Iran and i want to have higher degrees in your uni plz guide me

14. Mansoor says . . . | December 7, 2009 / 8:41 am

Dear Sir/Madam

I like to follow a Mathematics (Applied Mathematics)free online degree course and obtain a degree.Please advise me,How can I start this course

15. Webcast Resources « Muhammad Saad Rahman says . . . | February 4, 2010 / 10:45 am

[...] 2010 by saadrahman This one has a lot of links regarding most of the online webcast resources: http://www.openculture.com/2006/10/free_university-2.html Some others: http://webcast.georgetown.edu/ http://www.virginia.edu/uvapodcast/ [...]

16. c.pari says . . . | October 5, 2010 / 11:00 pm

i have online computer science courses. pls required for my mail pls…

17. musa b.l.Gwazah says . . . | October 16, 2010 / 1:36 pm

help me to study with you, i am a missonary.

18. Mark Yak Yak says . . . | November 5, 2010 / 2:04 am

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for giving me this opportunity to write to your office to show my interest in studying at University of London (external program). I am a college graduate with diploma in Human Resourses Management from Inter-Africa College of Management in Nairobi, Kenya.

Since I completed my diploma program in 2007,I have been looking for a scholarship to complete the degree course in Human Resources Management, but I have been unable to get it. Fortunately, I decided to visit your website today and found out that the University of London among others offers online free courses in any fields.

For this reason, I am requesting your office to assist me by offering me online free course in Human Resources Management. I want to study for degree in this field at the University of London. I am confident that I can successfully do my course if I am given the opportunity to do it online.

I look forward to hearing from your positive consideration and thank you once again for your cooperation.

Yours sincerely

Mark Yak Yak

19. dissertation writings services says . . . | December 6, 2010 / 11:22 pm

People with no choices often see these options quite beneficial. Learning and getting education has no limits or specific ways. Debates and discussions on such matters been a part since such system was introduced. But it’s a fact we can’t change one’s opinion.
    Anyway looking to see some more comments.

20. C. Coburn says . . . | February 10, 2011 / 6:07 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I am interested in your free online program to pursue a Masters degree in Education.Your assistance will be highly appreciated in helping me to enhance my abilities to do better at my job as a teacher.

21. Wycliffe Michieka says . . . | March 4, 2011 / 7:50 am

Ots okay.And can applications and admission be done on line.

22. abdikadir says . . . | August 28, 2011 / 3:57 am

for you thank most i would like to learn computer engineering

23. muhammad afzal says . . . | October 18, 2011 / 10:46 am

sir/mam
    i have to know about film making TV production.but cant afford,can u help me how i can learn about film n TV production

reply plz
    afzal

24. Joel Nwachukwu says . . . | October 22, 2011 / 1:35 pm

Sir/ma.
    I would like to get details on how I can offer a free online course on human resource management.

25. Devon white says . . . | November 12, 2011 / 8:24 am

Can anyone help me to find out how i can get started on this website im 22 years old and cant afford to go to college i want to go into radiolgy program. And work at a hospital. But i need to get my degree in radiolgy. can anyone help me get started.

26. Udayan Dewan says . . . | November 27, 2011 / 5:21 am

Dear Sir,
    I would be pleased if you kindly give me the address of Harvard University where I could prosecute my MS/PhD in Environmental science thru’online.

Dewan U