John Wayne: 26 Free Western Films Online

32 years after his death, John Wayne (né Marion Morrison) remains a tremendously popular movie star. According to a Harris Poll taken earlier this month (January 2011), Americans still rank The Duke as their third most favorite actor, putting him right behind Johnny Depp and Denzel Washington. No doubt about it, the legend of John Wayne continues to grow. And happily you can find a gold mine of John Wayne Western films online – all free. Today, we have pulled together a list of 25 films that span five decades of work, moving from the 1930s to the 1970s. You can find them all otherwise listed in our collection of Free Movies Online.

• Angel and the Badman Free – A black and white Western starring John Wayne and Gail Russell. Considered a radical departure from the Western genre at the time. Find Internet Archive version here. (1947)
  • Blue Steel – Free – John Wayne plays a U.S. Marshal trying to capture the Polka Dot Bandit. Some consider it the best of the John Wayne Lone Star films. Alternative version on YouTube here. (1934)
  • Born to the WestFree - Can Dare Rudd prove he is responsible enough to win the heart of Judy and also outwit the crooked saloon owner? Stars John Wayne, Marsha Hunt and John Mack Brown.
  • Frontier Horizon - Free – The Three Mesqueteers try to prevent wholesale slaughter in this fine Republic Western. Stars John Wayne, Ray “Crash” Corrigan, and Raymond Hatton. (1939)
  • Helltown Free – Originally called “Born to the West,” this John Wayne Western was based on a novel by Zane Grey, an important author of Western novels. (1937)
  • McLintock!Free - Comedy Western starring John Wayne and Maureen O’Hara. Loosely based on Shakespeare’s The Taming of the Shrew. (1963)
  • ‘Neath the Arizona SkiesFree – John Wayne plays a cowboy protecting an oil-land heiress. (1934)
  • Paradise CanyonFree - Features Wayne as “government agent John Wyatt who searches for a counterfeit ring operating on the Mexican/Arizona border.” (1935)
  • Rainbow ValleyFree – John Martin (John Wayne) is a “government agent working under cover. Leading citizen Morgan calls in gunman Butch Galt (Buffalo Bill Jr.) who blows Martin’s cover.” Find the YouTube version here. (1935)
  • Randy Rides Alone – Free – Jailed for murders he didn’t commit, Randy Bowers (John Wayne) escapes only to stumble into the den of the real murderers. Entertaining early Wayne Western. (1934)
  • Riders of Destiny - FreeJohn Wayne portrays Singin’ Sandy Saunders and has a reputation as the most notorious gunman since Billy the Kid. Wayne was the first singing cowboy, but his singing was dubbed, and it was the last time he “sang” in a Western. (1933)
  • Sagebrush TrailFree – John Wayne plays John Brant who escapes from jail after being wrongly accused of murder. Features great stagecoach chase. (1933)

• Texas TerrorFree – A young John Wayne in a romantic Western. (1935)
  • The Dawn Rider Free – John Wayne plays John Mason, a man avenging his father’s murder. A Western directed by Robert Bradbury. (1935)
  • The Desert Trail Free - Early Western with John Wayne. According to WesternClippings, not Wayne’s finest hour. (1935)
  • The Lawless Frontier Free – B Western starring John Wayne and directed by Robert Bradbury. (1934)
  • The Lucky Texan Free – Jerry Mason (played by John Wayne) and Jake Benson become partners and strike it rich with a gold mine. (1934)
  • The Man From Utah Free – The Marshal sends John Weston (John Wayne) to a “rodeo to see if he can find out who is killing the rodeo riders who are about to win prize money.” (1934)
  • The Range FeudFree - Clint Turner is arrested for the murder of his girlfriend Judy’s father, a rival rancher who was an enemy of his own father. Stars John Wayne and Buck Jones. (1931)
  • The Star Packer Free – “A gang working for ‘The Shadow’ is terrorizing the town. John Travers (John Wayne) decides to take on the job of sheriff and do something about it.” (1934)
  • The Trail Beyond -Free – Western starring John Wayne, Noah Beery, Sr., and Noah Beery, Jr. (1934)
  • Two Fisted Law - Free - After Rob Russell steals Tim Clark’s ranch, Clark starts prospecting for silver. Stars John Wayne and Tim McCoy. (1932)
  • War of the Wildcats Free – John Wayne stars in a Western also released under the title In Old Oklahoma. One of Wayne’s better post-Stagecoach performances. (1943)
  • West of the Divide – Free – A young John Wayne in a B Western. (1934)
  • Winds of the Wasteland – Free - The arrival of the telegraph put Pony Express riders like John Blair (John Wayne) and his pal Smoky (Lane Chandler) out of work they try to start a stagecoach route through a ghost town. A rival stagecoach company tries to stop them. (1936)

Tarkovsky Films Free Online

Free Hitchcock Movies Online

Orson Welles’ The Stranger: The Full Movie

Share on TwitterShare via emailShare on LinkedInShare on TumblrSubmit to StumbleUponDigg ThisSubmit to reddit

1. Gary fenton says . . . | February 18, 2011 / 5:07 pm

Like his films

2. denis says . . . | December 18, 2011 / 10:12 pm

Love his movies a all time great

3. Ray Bannister says . . . | February 3, 2012 / 3:11 pm

Wow- what an amazing site.
    Thanks for you dedication to continude learning.
    Ray Bannister

4. Asheber Bekele says . . . | May 28, 2012 / 9:42 am

Thanks for these memories.
    I remember the films of John Wyane, when I had been a child. I am very happy to look for some of these films again in my old age.

A Lot of thanks for you people. Really you are great.

Asheber

5. neville jack says . . . | May 28, 2012 / 11:48 pm

now 70 ,first jw film was hondo,now watch/collect as many as I can : own apprx 60.Still the most charismatic, easy,screen performer;

6. Denis Porter says . . . | May 30, 2012 / 3:52 pm

i loved john wayne films i hope they will be around for years to come?

7. Denis Porter says . . . | May 30, 2012 / 3:53 pm

i love john wayne films hope they will be around for a long time to come?

8. Antonio Pitaguari Maranguape says . . . | July 7, 2012 / 12:04 pm

This is just what I was looking and expecting for.For me the best link ever.
    Thanks a lot.

9. Maricel says . . . | August 6, 2012 / 6:34 am

Thanks for free films,I really love John Wayne!

10. John Hartzell says . . . | August 30, 2012 / 7:06 am

Hello all! I am a retired Coast Guard officer. I am searching for an old 1936 John Wayne movie called “Sea Spoilers”. Any chance that you can put it on this web site so we can view it? Thanks in advance!
    John Hartzell
    CWO ELC
    U. S. Coast Guard (ret)

11. jake says . . . | September 15, 2012 / 10:02 pm

my name is Jake and I am a Western Star

12. john banahan says . . . | September 16, 2012 / 12:16 pm

hi, can you not get “the quiet man ” best movie ever … john

13. errol says . . . | December 30, 2012 / 6:31 am

i like john wayne

14. autocad kursu says . . . | December 30, 2012 / 1:08 pm

yes , i like john wayne but My fawored Lucky luck

15. özel ders says . . . | December 30, 2012 / 1:19 pm

I’ve found that the best data subject, thank you http://www.sistembirebir.com/matematik-ozel-dersi.html

16. Doremus Jessup says . . . | December 31, 2012 / 5:11 pm

Thanks for listing these… but that’s only 21 movies – your title says 25. Perchance do you have links to four more of his movies? Thanx!

17. autocad kursu says . . . | January 4, 2013 / 11:33 am

I’ve found that the best data subject, thank you http://www.autocadkursu.co/ http://www.autocadkursu.co/autocad-ozel-ders.html

18. Willy Corten says . . . | January 20, 2013 / 1:05 pm

I like Western Movies With John Wayne also Clint Eastwood.

19. Bill Brown says . . . | February 2, 2013 / 8:54 pm

Love his movies; Favorite b & w is
    Stagecoach.

20. Poul Erik Stie says . . . | February 6, 2013 / 10:47 pm

Jeg er pensionist og bor i Thailand, jeg bruger en del tid på at finde gamle film jeg elsker John Wayne jeg wille meget gerne se en liste med navnene på alle hans film. på forhånd tak.

Kærlig hilsen fra

Poul Erik Stie Thailand

21. Paul Duffy says . . . | February 10, 2013 / 3:42 pm

Hi,
    I came across this website by chance, I am from Galway in Ireland, He was main actor in the Quiet Man in 1953 made in Galway.
    My Mother Peggy Dillon from Spiddal co Galway ( she is now 89 years )was distant cousin of John Ford who was director of Quiet Man. She loved John Wayne .
    regards
    Paul Duffy

22. bob dearden says . . . | February 16, 2013 / 11:31 pm

there is only one John Wayne and there is no one past or present who can get into the same paddock.
    I first saw him in a movie in 1963 (HATARI)and have been a fan ever since.
    I started a collection in the early 80′s
    still some missing but am driving my
    local dvd shops mad.
    regards
    bob dearden

23. John Wayne Jackson Jr. says . . . | February 27, 2013 / 3:51 am

At one time I had a little over 100 different John Wayne movies, plus some of them repeated. I still might have that many but they are split up between my brother and I. He is still in Texas and I am now living in the Philippines.
    John Wayne has been my favorite actor since I can remember.
    It’s hard to pick a favorite John Wayne movie so I just watch them all, many times over.

24. Phil says . . . | April 15, 2013 / 5:46 pm

Im looking for “They were expendable”….any ideas??

25. John Mckay says . . . | April 27, 2013 / 10:42 am

I grew up watching old westerns, I like them all; there’s a certain feeling one gets from watching these classics, most of the actor’s and actress’s are gone but they left us wonderful memories. Personally I enjoy older movies and music, they take one back to a time when life was simple, not in such a big hurry.

26. David Bowman says . . . | May 3, 2013 / 6:19 pm

“Americans still rank The Duke as their third most favorite actor, putting him right behind Johnny Depp and Denzel Washington.” I think that John Wayne is better than them both and should be number one and NOT #3. Just look at all of the movies”HE” was in!! He was in over 150 mmovies. It would be nice to see more free John Wayne movies here. There are still many that I had never seen from the early 1920′s and 30′s that I would like to see here. I have all of the movies listed here on DVD’s.As of right now, I have 33 of his movies and I do have ” They Were Expendable” Which I had gotten from Walmart here in Denver, CO.It also has: Operation pacific, Flying Leathenecks, Back to Bataan. Walmart has some of John Wayne movies.

27. MermaidGirl888 says . . . | October 17, 2013 / 10:44 pm

I have been looking for “The Quiet Man” and “Donovan’s Reef” for weeks. These are my two most favorite movies with The Duke. Any chance they will be soon available here? Thank you! :)

28. william cuddihy says . . . | January 17, 2014 / 1:18 pm

john wayne was the man look at stagecoach 1939 and his last film the shootist 1976 over the 37 years we the fans always got 5 star enjoyment

29. PedroRoberto says . . . | February 11, 2014 / 5:18 am

This is one helluva site, and I cannot help but come back to it timt and again!!!
    Well done!!!

30. Jose Garcia says . . . | February 19, 2014 / 12:52 am

Hello. I have been a John Wayne enthusious for most of my life. I appreciate you having this site and would like to know,if you will get “North to Alaska”? My wife and I saw it on our “Honeymoon”. Thank you.

31. Mr B J Evans says . . . | April 1, 2014 / 7:34 am

Hi all you John Wayne fans. J/W made a total of 176 films and documentary’s.I am a member of The John Wayne film Society based in Nottinghamshire. As a member i have had access to films not on general release. Out of the 176 i need 13, nearly all are no known copies exist. the society find J/W films and have them restored. the society’s telephone number for membership is 01623 442946. e-mail david.cutts1@ntlworld.com all films can be purchased through the society as a member. good luck.

32. Alastair Tweed says . . . | April 8, 2014 / 4:16 pm

I have listed 171 JW films. I am open to persuasion of more. I try to transfer to DVD either by copy or by purchasing. If anyone is available to supply a copy site for these please get in touch.

33. hesham alwan says . . . | April 18, 2014 / 8:44 am