Free Audio: Download the Complete Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis

Before the days of Harry Potter, generations of young readers let their imaginations take flight with The Chronicles of Narnia, a series of seven fantasy novels written by C. S. Lewis. Like his friend J.R.R. Tolkien, Lewis served on the English faculty at Oxford University and took part in the Inklings, an Oxford literary group dedicated to fiction and fantasy. Published between 1950 and 1956, The Chronicles of Narnia has sold over 100 million copies in 47 languages, delighting younger and older readers worldwide. The seven volumes in the series include:

• The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
  • Prince Caspian: The Return to Narnia
  • The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
  • The Silver Chair
  • The Horse and His Boy
  • The Magician’s Nephew
  • The Last Battle

Now, with the apparent blessing of the C.S. Lewis estate, the seven volume series is available in a free audio format. There are 101 audio recordings in total, each averaging 30 minutes and read by Chrissi Hart. Download the complete audio via the web or RSS Feed. Or start listening to the opening chapters of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe right below.

We have added The Chronicles of Narnia recordings to our collection of Free Audio Books, where you will find many other great classics. h/t metafilter

Free: Download Copy of New Steve Jobs Biography

Free Audio: Download George Orwell’s 1984 and Animal Farm for Free

Download 20 Popular High School Books Available as Free eBooks & Audio Books

1. shura says . . . | December 19, 2011 / 5:33 am

This is such a magical gift, for young and old. Thank you!

2. free kindle books says . . . | December 19, 2011 / 10:51 am

What a great thing to have in a free format – I grew up on these CS Lewis. I’ll be sure to add this to my blog too. Can you get free versions of Narnia in ebook format too?

3. TonyI says . . . | April 12, 2012 / 6:55 am

I would appear that these are no longer available to download for free so you might want to remove them from your site

4. Dan Colman says . . . | April 13, 2012 / 1:40 am

I just checked and the audio can still be streamed for free.

Head here if you have any doubts.

5. Tim says . . . | November 21, 2012 / 10:20 am

Thanks very much for these wonderful recordings

6. Rob Johnson says . . . | May 5, 2013 / 7:07 pm

Thx

7. Rob Johnson says . . . | May 5, 2013 / 7:09 pm

C.S. Lewis is not an author, he is beacon. God touched him deeply, and he in turn touches us.

8. Matt says . . . | December 29, 2013 / 7:22 pm

TonyI
    Although the download link has been disabled, if you click on “play in browser” or “direct link” then you can right click the player and “save as” to download the file.

We have a couple of editions in printed format. An audio version will be great for long road trips.

9. kahlan says . . . | April 16, 2014 / 6:06 pm

I don’t know if you were trying to put the books in order or not when you were listing them but magicians nephew is the first book in the series the the series

10. Is-NARNIA says . . . | May 18, 2014 / 12:10 am

Yes…,i think this story very nice….,i think Film’s and Book’s is very fantastic and amazing.I love The Chornicles of Narnia.I love Georgie Henley,Skandar Keynes,William Moseley,and Anna Popplewell.Really….,Cast Narnia must go Indonesian.(I’m come from Indonesian).In there,my freind’s is also like All About The Chornicles of Narnia…. :) .

11. David Carta says . . . | July 21, 2014 / 1:59 pm

There is a quick way to get all the MP3s.

Go to this feedburner subscription of their RSS feed:

and use DownloadThemAll to get them all.

12. rjm says . . . | August 31, 2014 / 7:31 pm

I believe they *were* trying to put the books in order — in order of publication, rather than in chronological order within the story. I’ve forgotten what arguments there are, for and against, reading the series in one of those orders, rather than the other. Personally, I would prefer to read a series like this, in the order that the author wrote them. It is certainly a matter of preference, not “rightness”, most likely.

13. joy says . . . | October 8, 2014 / 11:36 pm

I was given the suggestion to listen to them just today.. so thank you. I have began downloading them..