This month, The Institute of Art and Ideas (IAI), an organization committed to fostering “a progressive and vibrant intellectual culture in the UK,” launched IAI Academy — a new online educational platform that features courses in philosophy, science and politics. The initial lineup includes 12 courses covering everything from theoretical physics, the meaning of life, the future of feminism, the often vexed relationship between science and religion, and more.
IAI Academy offers its courses for free. But, like other course providers, they charge a nominal fee (right now about $25) if you would like a Verified Certificate when you’ve successfully completed a course. Here’s the initial lineup:
- A Brief Guide to Everything – Web Video – John Ellis, King’s College London, CBE
- The Meaning of Life – Web Video – Steve Fuller, University of Warwick
- New Adventures in Spacetime – Web Video – Eleanor Knox, King’s College London
- Minds, Morality and Agency – Web Video – Mark Rowlands, University of Miami
- Nine Myths About Schizophrenia – Web Video – Richard Bentall, University of Liverpool
- The History of Fear – Web Video – Frank Furedi, University of Kent
- Physics: What We Still Don’t Know – Web Video – David Tong, Cambridge
- Science vs. Religion – Web Video – Mark Vernon, Journalist/Philosopher
- Sexuality and Power – Web Video – Veronique Mottier, University of Lausanne
- The Infinite Quest – Web Video – Peter Cameron, Queen Mary University of London.
- End of Equality – Web Video – Beatrix Campbell – Writer/Activist
- Rethinking Feminism – Web Video – Finn Mackay – Feminist Activist & Researcher
For more evergreen courses that you can download and enjoy whenever you want, don’t miss our collection, 1200 Free Online Courses from Top Universities.
For MOOCs being provided in real-time, see our list of MOOCs from Great Universities.