During recent months, we’ve been busy enhancing what’s now a list of 700 Free Online Courses from top universities. Here’s the lowdown: This master list lets you download free courses from schools like Stanford, Yale, MIT, Oxford, Harvard and UC Berkeley. Generally, the courses can be accessed via YouTube, iTunes or university web sites. Right now you’ll find 85 courses in Philosophy, 60 in History, 80 in Computer Science, 35 in Physics, and that’s just beginning to scratch the surface. Most of the courses were recently produced. But, in some cases, we’ve layered in lecture series by famous intellectuals recorded years ago. You can listen to these lectures whenever you want, and pretty much wherever you want. Here are some highlights from the complete list.
- African-American History: Modern Freedom Struggle – YouTube – iTunes – Clay Carson, Stanford
- Critical Reasoning for Beginners – iTunes Video – iTunes Audio – Web Video & Audio – Marianne Talbot, Oxford
- Growing Up in the Universe – YouTube – Richard Dawkins, Oxford
- Human Behavioral Biology – iTunes Video – YouTube – Robert Sapolsky, Stanford
- Introduction to the Old Testament (Hebrew Bible) – Download Course – Christine Hayes, Yale.
- Heidegger’s Being & Time – iTunes – Hubert Dreyfus, UC Berkeley
- Harvard’s Introduction to Computer Science – YouTube – iTunes – Course Page – David Malan, Harvard
- Invitation to World Literature – Web Site – David Damrosch, Harvard
- iPhone Application Development in iO6 – Video iTunes – Paul Hegarty, Stanford
- Justice: What’s the Right Thing to Do? – YouTube – iTunes Video – Web Site – Michael Sandel, Harvard
- Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil – Web Site – Leo Strauss, University of Chicago
- Philosophy of Language – iTunes – John Searle, UC Berkeley
- Physics for Future Presidents – YouTube – Richard Muller, UC Berkeley
- Quantum Electrodynamics – Web Site – Richard Feynman, Presented at University of Auckland
- Science, Magic and Religion – iTunes Video – YouTube – Courtenay Raiai, UCLA
- The American Novel Since 1945 – YouTube – iTunes Audio – iTunes Video – Download Course – Amy Hungerford, Yale
- The Character of Physical Law (1964) – YouTube – Richard Feynman, Cornell
- The Art of Living – Web Site – Team taught, Stanford
- World War and Society in the 20th Century: World War II – Multiple Formats – Charles S. Maier, Harvard
Again, the complete list of Free Online Courses is here. And, in the meantime, if you’re looking for a good list of MOOCs, we’ve got you covered there too. 80 new MOOCs, many offering certificates, will get started in the next 60 days.
Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus and we’ll make it easy to share intelligent media with your friends!
A very helpful list! Thank you!!!
wish to know more about them. I am keen to apply for the ‘World War and Society in the 20th Century.World War II.’ Charles S. Maier ,Harvard.
I’m receiving problems recognizing pretty much every component of your report, but none the less I recognize the value of your estimation and value it.
Take a look at my webpage – my survey
This is Dope!!!
I would be glad to start an online course with your institution.
Anxiously hoping for a respond. Thanks
i would like learn mass communication master free on line
i’M INTRESTED IN YOUR ONLINE MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAM
I wish to learn master in mass communicatio from your school. Thanks
I wish to learn masters in international relations and diplomacy.
what free business/administration courses do you have ?
lm interest in your online master degree programme to study business management.
love to no more
I am interested in educational psychology.So is there any courses like this?
I am interested in Master in Educational Psychology.I have a degree in Guidance and Counselling/Social Study.
I will be happy if it is online.
I want Master course
I would like to msater degree in Agriculture do you have?
Sayed Nazeem khadarkhail
i want to confirm to this universities
I want Master course for Business Administration do you have
I am interested in free online masters studies in health or medicine.Thank you.
please enrol me in your masters in Bible land history