Back in 2014, we told you about how The Institute of Art and Ideas (IAI) launched IAI Academy — an online educational platform that features free courses from world-leading scholars “on the ideas that matter.” They have since put online a number of philosophy courses, many striving to address questions that affect our lives today. We’ve listed a number of them below, and added them to our list of 150+ Free Online Philosophy courses. For a complete list of IAI Academy courses, visit this page.
- Heidegger Meets Van Gogh: Art, Freedom and Technology – Web video – Simon Glendinning, London School of Economics
- Dark Matter of the Mind – Web video – Daniel Everett, Bentley University
- Fear and Trembling in the 21st Century – Web video – Clare Carlisle, King’s College London
- Knowledge and Rationality – Web Video – Corine Besson, University of Sussex
- Life, Meaning and Morality – Web video – Christopher Hamilton, King’s College, London
- Minds, Morality and Agency – Web video – Mark Rowlands, University of Miami
- On Romantic Love – Web video – Berit Brogaard, University of Miami
- The Human Compass – Web video – Janne Teller
- The Meaning of Life – Web video – Steve Fuller, University of Warwick
- The Universe As We Find It – Web video – John Heil, Washington University in St Louis
- Unveiling Reality – Web video – Bryan Roberts, London School of Economics
- Why the World Does Not Exist – Web video – Markus Gabriel, Freiburg Institute of Advanced Study.
Note: The courses are all free. However, to take a course you will need to create a user account.
If you would like to support the mission of Open Culture, consider making a donation to our site. It’s hard to rely 100% on ads, and your contributions will help us continue providing the best cultural and educational materials to learners everywhere. You can contribute through PayPal, Patreon, Venmo (@openculture) and Crypto. Thanks for your support!
Related Content:1,700 Free Online Courses from Top Universities