In the Russian port city of Rostov-on-Don two men were having a beer this weekend and talking about the philosophy of Immanuel Kant (of course), when something went terribly wrong. An argument broke out, critical reason went out the window, and one man ended getting shot with rubber bullets. He’s in the hospital with non life-threatening injuries. The shooter now faces up to 10 years in jail, where he’ll have lots of time to ponder Kant’s theories.
If you would like to contemplate Kant in a more serene manner, we would invite you to check out his texts listed in our Free eBook collection:
- Critique of Judgement
- Critique of Practical Reason
- Critique of Pure Reason
- Perpetual Peace
- What is Enlightenment?
And see courses dealing with Kant in our collection of 750 Free Online Courses:
- Kant - Web Site - Leo Strauss, U Chicago
- Kant: Political Philosophy – Web Site - Leo Strauss, U Chicago
- Kant’s Critique of Judgment – Web Site – JM Bernstein, New School
- Kant’s Critique of Pure Reason – iTunes Video – iTunes Audio- Video/Audio on Web – Dan Robinson, Oxford
- Kant’s Critique of Pure Reason – Web Site – Richard Dien Winfield, University of Georgia
- Kant’s Critique of Pure Reason – Web Site – JM Bernstein, New School
- Kant’s Epistemology – iTunes – Dr Susan Stuarts, University of Glasgow
via The Independent