Back in 2009, Harvard political philosopher Michael Sandel made his course, Justice: What’s the Right Thing to Do?, available on the web for free (YouTube – iTunes – Web). Suddenly lifelong learners around the world had access to a popular course enjoyed by more than 14,000 Harvard students over 30 years. Starting on March 12, 2013, Sandel plans to offer Justice as a free course through edX, the provider of MOOCs (or Massive Open Online Courses) created by Harvard and MIT. And here’s one thing you can guarantee: In a single offering, Sandel will bring his course to more students worldwide than he did through his decades teaching at Harvard.
FYI: edX announced other new spring courses. All will be added to our collection of Free Online Certificate Courses & MOOCs from Great Universities. They include:
- The Challenges of Global Poverty — living on under $1 a day, examining and overcoming poverty traps.
- Justice — a global dialogue about the big moral and civic questions of our time.
- The Ancient Greek Hero — amazing stories, poetry and songs from more than two millennia ago (intro level).
- Copyright — who “owns” ideas in the US and beyond – you’ll find out in this pilot course (limited to 500 students).
- Human Health and Global Environmental Change — climate change, biodiversity loss and their effect on billions of people.
- Introduction to Statistics — an amazing, introductory course on the fundamentals and the science of drawing conclusions from data.
- Quantum Mechanics and Quantum Computation — a remarkable intro course for students of all types.
Thanks billion Harvard .
We expect more courses from you asap.
I propose an EDX DEGREE or Diploma :
If one gets 40 courses from EDX schools he will be awarded an EDX Diploma .
We, employers , would hire them immediately .
EDX Diploma does not need to be accredited . Schools are already accredirted and have the brand name .
I’m interested in taking, the course on Justice, in the spring odf 2013.
I am interested in taking the course on Justice in the Spring of 2013.
I feel gratified, proud and thrilled to have the opportunity to apply for a free course from Harvard, do not know if I will be chosen, most like to say thank you, thank you for this generous opportunity given to all who are chosen,
Thank you! This is just amazing and incredibly generous :)
Looking forward to taking these courses.
I’m interested in taking, the course on Justice, in the spring of 2013.
I want to register for this course.
Please let me know how to do that.
I want to register for the Justice course. Please guide me as to how to do it.
I am looking forward to the course.
I would like to get more information for this course
You can register via this page:
DO we get a certificate after completing this course?
I am looking forward to taking this course…thank you
i would like to register for the justice course, give instructions.
A motivating discussion is worth comment. I do think that you ought to write more about this subject, it may not be a taboo matter but typically people don’t discuss these subjects. To the next! All the best!!