Take Free Online Courses at Hogwarts: Charms, Potions, Defense Against the Dark Arts & More

free hogwarts courses

A group of dedicated Harry Potter fans have created a new educational website called Hogwarts is Here. The site is free — you only have to spend fake Galleons on the site — and it lets users enroll at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and work through a seven-year curriculum, taking the same courses that Harry, Ron and Hermione did in the great Harry Potter series. The first year consists of courses that will sound familiar to any Harry Potter reader: Charms, Potions, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Astronomy, Herbology, History of Magic, and Transfiguration. The 9-week online courses feature homework assignment and quizzes. Students can also read digital textbooks, such as A Standard Book of Spells and A Beginner’s Guide to Transfiguration. We have yet to enroll in a course, so we would be curious get your feedback.

Fans of fantasy literature will also want to check out the Tolkien courses listed in our collection of 900 Free Online Courses. Also see this complete reading of The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis, found in our collection of Free Audio Books.

1. Di says . . . | April 16, 2014 / 1:06 am

I’m used to you guys keeping me informed on all that is interesting but this post, superb … and beyond. I have a very happy 9 year old here. Thank you :-)

2. Joe Avenblack says . . . | April 18, 2014 / 1:02 am

I want to join Hogwart.How can I do that?

3. Dan Colman says . . . | April 18, 2014 / 1:26 am

Go through the enrollment process here: http://www.hogwartsishere.com/enroll/

4. Michelle Labovitz says . . . | April 25, 2014 / 4:12 pm

i REALLY WISH THAT I COULD GO TO HOWARTS BECAUSE IT’S THE BEST SCHOOL IN THE ENTIRE MAGICAL WORLD AND IF i DID I WOULD LOVE TO TAKE DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS BECAUSE IT’S THE MOST POPULAR SUBJECT AND I WOULD GIVE HARRY, A RUN FOR HIS MONEY BECAUSE I KNOW AS MUCH AS HE DOES

5. Michelle Labovitz says . . . | May 23, 2014 / 5:25 pm

I really think that Potions is a really fun class I know for a fact that all of the students that go to Hogwarts the most popular school in the ntire wizarding world think that I’m out of my mind but if I wasn’t in Professor Snape’s classes then I would never know to brew the Draft of Lubinv Death

6. Michelle Labovitz says . . . | May 23, 2014 / 5:31 pm

If i wasn’t in Professor Snape’s class then I wouldn’t know how to make the Wolfsbain Potin “make it perfictly every mouth so that Professor Lupin doesn’t have to suffer as he usally does during the full moon” if you get my point and as I said before he might hive me really hard Potions but you should know for a fact that I aways recve the tip grades whenever I’m in his classes and you should know for a fact that I would never joke or lie about something as important as this even it the students that go to hogwarts the most popular school in the entire wizarding world think that I’m mad crazy gone out of my mind but you should know for a fact that I would never joke or lie about something as important as this.

7. Michelle Labovitz says . . . | May 23, 2014 / 5:38 pm

I think that Potions is the best class that is at Hogwarts the most popular school in the entire wizarding world I know for a fact that the students of Hogwarts the most popular school in the entire wizarding world with think that I’m out of my mind that I’m mad or that I’m crazy but you should know for a fact that I would never jook or lie about something as important as this!

8. Michelle Labovitz says . . . | May 31, 2014 / 3:45 pm

You should know for a fact that I think Defense Against the Dark Arts is the best class at Hogwarts the most popular school in the entire world because you can lurn to defend yourself against the dark spells and chreaturs and if anyone thinks differently then there out of there minds and you should know for a fact that if Professor Lupin would hear about this you’d meet “a really mad werewolf” if you get my point and it’s the last thing that you’d want to do” if you get my point and you should know for a fact that I would never joke or lie about something as important as this

9. Michelle Labovitz says . . . | June 14, 2014 / 6:59 pm

If i was a student at Hogwarts then my favorate class would be Defense Against the Dark Arts because I would always pay attion and whenever Professor Lupin gave out any papers I would always “hand them back to him” if you get my point on time and you should know for a fact that I would help any student that needs it and you should know for a fact that I would never joke or lie about something as important as this “He’s the best Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher that I’ve ever had” if you get my point and if anyone says anything bad against him there you should know for a fact that there out of there minds and you should know for a fact that I would never joke or lie about sokmething as important as this!

10. Michelle Labovitz says . . . | June 26, 2014 / 3:28 pm

If I want to Hogwarts my favorate class world be Defense Against the Dark Arts and my favorate Porfessor wold have to be hands or should I say paws down teacher stile Professor Lupin because “he’s the best himeschooled Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher I’ve heve had” if you get my point and if anyone “speeks ill about him” if you get my point you’d meet a ferouss Deputy Headmistress and that’s the last think that you’d ever do” if you get my point and you should know for a fact that I would never joke or lie about something as important as this!

11. Wolf cup says . . . | July 22, 2014 / 5:12 pm

I’m really glad that I could be in your 1005-02 home schooled class Professor Lupin if I wasn’t then I wouldn’t have lerned how in the entire wizarding world to make my fully fledged Patronus which tames the form or a werewolf” I’m also glad that you thought me the shield charm, the summing charm, and the stunning spell “your the best Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher that I’ve ever had” if you get my point Professor Lupin who is the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher of Hogwarts the most popular school in the entire wizarding world and you should know for a fact that I would never joke or lie about something as this.