Take Free Online Courses at Hogwarts: Charms, Potions, Defense Against the Dark Arts & More

free hogwarts courses

A group of dedicated Harry Potter fans have created a new educational website called Hogwarts is Here. The site is free — you only have to spend fake Galleons on the site — and it lets users enroll at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and work through a seven-year curriculum, taking the same courses that Harry, Ron and Hermione did in the great Harry Potter series. The first year consists of courses that will sound familiar to any Harry Potter reader: Charms, Potions, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Astronomy, Herbology, History of Magic, and Transfiguration. The 9-week online courses feature homework assignment and quizzes. Students can also read digital textbooks, such as A Standard Book of Spells and A Beginner’s Guide to Transfiguration. We have yet to enroll in a course, so we would be curious get your feedback.

Fans of fantasy literature will also want to check out the Tolkien courses listed in our collection of 900 Free Online Courses. Also see this complete reading of The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis, found in our collection of Free Audio Books.

• Di says:

I’m used to you guys keeping me informed on all that is interesting but this post, superb … and beyond. I have a very happy 9 year old here. Thank you :-)

• I want to join Hogwart.How can I do that?

• Michelle Labovitz says:

i REALLY WISH THAT I COULD GO TO HOWARTS BECAUSE IT’S THE BEST SCHOOL IN THE ENTIRE MAGICAL WORLD AND IF i DID I WOULD LOVE TO TAKE DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS BECAUSE IT’S THE MOST POPULAR SUBJECT AND I WOULD GIVE HARRY, A RUN FOR HIS MONEY BECAUSE I KNOW AS MUCH AS HE DOES

• Michelle Labovitz says:

I really think that Potions is a really fun class I know for a fact that all of the students that go to Hogwarts the most popular school in the ntire wizarding world think that I’m out of my mind but if I wasn’t in Professor Snape’s classes then I would never know to brew the Draft of Lubinv Death

• Michelle Labovitz says:

If i wasn’t in Professor Snape’s class then I wouldn’t know how to make the Wolfsbain Potin “make it perfictly every mouth so that Professor Lupin doesn’t have to suffer as he usally does during the full moon” if you get my point and as I said before he might hive me really hard Potions but you should know for a fact that I aways recve the tip grades whenever I’m in his classes and you should know for a fact that I would never joke or lie about something as important as this even it the students that go to hogwarts the most popular school in the entire wizarding world think that I’m mad crazy gone out of my mind but you should know for a fact that I would never joke or lie about something as important as this.

• Michelle Labovitz says:

I think that Potions is the best class that is at Hogwarts the most popular school in the entire wizarding world I know for a fact that the students of Hogwarts the most popular school in the entire wizarding world with think that I’m out of my mind that I’m mad or that I’m crazy but you should know for a fact that I would never jook or lie about something as important as this!

• Michelle Labovitz says:

You should know for a fact that I think Defense Against the Dark Arts is the best class at Hogwarts the most popular school in the entire world because you can lurn to defend yourself against the dark spells and chreaturs and if anyone thinks differently then there out of there minds and you should know for a fact that if Professor Lupin would hear about this you’d meet “a really mad werewolf” if you get my point and it’s the last thing that you’d want to do” if you get my point and you should know for a fact that I would never joke or lie about something as important as this

• Michelle Labovitz says:

If i was a student at Hogwarts then my favorate class would be Defense Against the Dark Arts because I would always pay attion and whenever Professor Lupin gave out any papers I would always “hand them back to him” if you get my point on time and you should know for a fact that I would help any student that needs it and you should know for a fact that I would never joke or lie about something as important as this “He’s the best Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher that I’ve ever had” if you get my point and if anyone says anything bad against him there you should know for a fact that there out of there minds and you should know for a fact that I would never joke or lie about sokmething as important as this!

• Michelle Labovitz says:

If I want to Hogwarts my favorate class world be Defense Against the Dark Arts and my favorate Porfessor wold have to be hands or should I say paws down teacher stile Professor Lupin because “he’s the best himeschooled Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher I’ve heve had” if you get my point and if anyone “speeks ill about him” if you get my point you’d meet a ferouss Deputy Headmistress and that’s the last think that you’d ever do” if you get my point and you should know for a fact that I would never joke or lie about something as important as this!

• Wolf cup says:

I’m really glad that I could be in your 1005-02 home schooled class Professor Lupin if I wasn’t then I wouldn’t have lerned how in the entire wizarding world to make my fully fledged Patronus which tames the form or a werewolf” I’m also glad that you thought me the shield charm, the summing charm, and the stunning spell “your the best Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher that I’ve ever had” if you get my point Professor Lupin who is the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher of Hogwarts the most popular school in the entire wizarding world and you should know for a fact that I would never joke or lie about something as this.

• Wolf cup says:

If I was in you Defense Against the Dark Arts class then I would always help you in any way that I can if you were ever ill then I would just pas out each days class work, homework, spells, and tests then I would take then to you in the Hospital Wing so that way you can grade then then I would “hand then back” if you get my point to them the very next day and you should know for a fact that I would never joke or lie about something as important as this.

• Annabeth Chase says:

I am a dedicated member to HiH (Hogwarts is Here) and the courses are super! It goes into detail on everything and tells you a lot about the lessons you wouldn’t know just by reading the books. You can earn points from your house by taking these courses. It’s awesome! Sign up now!!

• brendablair says:

I go to a school can i still enroll at Hogwarts i really want to go ther

• Wolf cup says:

I really wish that I want to Hogwarts if I did then my best class would be Defense Against the Dark Arts because Professor Lupin has a really great pas on teaching stile he shows all of us how to use spells against Dark wizards but he would be put in the wizard jail if he showed us how in the entire world to us the unforgivable corses and you should know for a fact that I would never joke or lie about something as important as this “he’s the best Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher that I’ve ever had” he’s really great with us if we need any help then he said that we “can ask him any questions that we might have anything at all” and you should know for a fact that I would never joke or lie about something as important as this.

• Ravenclaw says:

Excuse me wolf cup please correct your grammar

• Ravenclaw says:

on the first line

• A-chi says:

If I want to hogwarts then my best subject 3would be Defense Against the Dark Arts because I know all about it I would even give Harry, a run for his money in O.W.L. and N.E.W.T. end of term exams and you should know for a fact that I would never joke or lie about something so get ready for the biggest shock of your entire life aright I home that you won’t take it to hard when I get great grades aright Harry.

• A-chi says:

My best class would be Defense Against the Dark Arts I would even give you a run for your money Harry, because I got an Outstanding in my O.W.L. as well Harry, and you should know for fact that I would never joke or lie about something as important as this.

• Wolf cup says:

I really wish that I was a student in your class because if “you chose a very bad time to fall ill” if you get my point Professor Lupin who is the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher of Hogwarts the msot popular school in the entire wizarding world then I would just “fill in” for you if you get my point Professor Lupin who is the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher of Hogwarts the most popular school in the entire wizarding world and you should know for a fact that I would never joke or lie about something important as this.

• A-chi says:

My favorate Professor at Hogwarts the most popular school in the entire wizarding world would be Professor Lupin because he has a really great paws on teaching stile he brings a lot creaters to class and teachers all if his how in the entire wizarding world to defense themsleves from many types of dark creaters and if anyone says anything differenty then you should know for a fact that there out of tere mind and yous hould know for a fact that I would never joke or lie about something as important as this.

• Wolf cup says:

I wish that I was in Professor Lupin’s class co that I could learn how to defense myself against dark magic and I would also make sure to lissen th what he said and if he gave out class work, homework, spessl, and tests the I would make sure that I did every thing that he asked me to do for him