A quick fyi: Stanford Continuing Studies will open up registration Monday morning (8:30 am California time) for its summer lineup of online writing courses. Offered in partnership with the Stanford Creative Writing Program (one of the most distinguished writing programs in the country), these online courses give beginning and advanced writers, no matter where they live, the chance to refine their craft with gifted writing instructors.
Classes will start in late June. And many of these classes fill quickly (some very quickly). To get more information on these writing courses, click here, or separately check out this FAQ.
Caveat emptor: These classes are not free, and I helped set them up. So while I wholeheartedly believe in these courses, you can take my views with a grain of salt.
- Writing Fiction with The New York Times
- Creative Nonfiction I: The Powerful Beginning
- No Fear Poetry
- Writing from Life: The Art of Creative Nonfiction
- One-on-One, Together: The Writing Course Built Around You
- Novel Writing: Making the Great Debut
- Writing for Magazines: Think Like a Freelancer
- Short Story Writing
- Get in the Zone! A Starting Place for Writers
- Novel III: Writing Toward the Finish
Leave a Reply