|| We now serve you 25 art/visual art blogs, all of which have also been folded into a larger list of 100+ culture blogs. We’re now calling it The Big List of Culture Blogs (pretty creative, eh), and we’ll add to it over time.
As always, please email us and let us know if we’re missing something essential.
- Absolute Arts.com Art Blog: A stable of versed bloggers who look at a spectrum of art-related themes.
- Alec Soth: Photographica, miscellanea, et cetera.
- Art.Blogging.La: An art blog started by Caryn Coleman that discusses and promotes the vital art scene in LA.
- ArtByUs.com: An eclectic and international art news site.
- Art Forum: A good look at the art event and social scene. Somewhat for insiders.
- Art Law Blog: Title kind of sums it up.
- Art News Blog: The blog digs up new stories, reviews, guides, and articles found online and shares them each day. Stories have an international focus with an emphasis on the visual arts.
- Art World Salon: Looks at the fast-paced transformations taking place in the global art world. Frequently looks at the economic side of things.
- Conscientious: A weblog about fine-art photography (and more).
- Contemporary Pulitzer: An art blog put together jointly by the Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis and The Pulitzer Foundation for the Arts.
- Cronaca: A compilation of news concerning art, archeology, history, and whatever else catches the chronicler’s eye, with the odd bit of opinion and commentary thrown in.
- Edward Winkleman: Art, politics, gossip and tough love from a NYC arts dealer. You’ll find this site listed on many-a-blogroll.
- Eye Level: A blog produced by the Smithsonian American Art Museum, it uses the museum’s collection as a touchstone and is dedicated to American art and the ways in which the nation’s art reflects its history and culture. Surprisingly, one of the few blogs to come out of the museum world.
- Fallon and Rosof’s Artblog: Art reviews, deep thoughts, and gossip from Philadelphia and beyond.
- Gallery Hopper: A guide to the best of fine art photography, galleries and events in New York City and beyond.
- Grammar Police: A well-regard art blog that Wonkette summarizes as “local art fag par excellence.“
- Gravestmor: A widely-cited architecture blog coming out of Australia.
- Guardian Art & Architecture Blog: A British take on the arts world. One of the few blogs cited here from the mainstream press.
- Life Without Buildings: News and notes from an architecture weblog with a penchant for giant statues and postmodern culture.
- Looking Around: A blog by Richard Lacayo, who writes about books, art and architecture at TIME Magazine.
- Magnum Photos: A multi-author, aesthetically well designed photography blog.
- Modern Art Notes: Voila, Tyler Green’s blog about modern and contemporary art. The Wall Street Journal has called MAN “the most influential of all visual-arts blogs.”
- Pleiady – Thoughts for a New Generation: A blog on the Art of Now
- smARThistory: General Musings about using technology to teach with images by two art historians, Beth Harris and Steven Zucker. Often features links to worthwhile art history podcasts.
- The Art History Newsletter: If there are academics among us, this is for you.
- The Art Life: Features a lengthy art site blogroll. Look down the right hand side and you’ll see what I mean.
Relate Feature: See our related article on Art Museum Podcasts.
Tell a Friend About Open Culture – Subscribe to Our Feed