Anne Frank: The Only Existing Video Now Online

There’s no sound, and the clip only runs 20 seconds. But this is the only known footage of Anne Frank, and it’s now online. The Anne Frank House does a good job of setting the scene for the video taken on July 22, 1941. “The girl next door is getting married. Anne Frank is leaning out of the window of her house in Amsterdam to get a good look at the bride and groom… At the time of her wedding, the bride lived on the second floor at Merwedeplein 39. The Frank family lived at number 37, also on the second floor. The Anne Frank House can offer you this film footage thanks to the cooperation of the couple.” Find more videos on YouTube’s Anne Frank Channel. Also find this clip in our collection of YouTube Favorites.

1. sue ogden says . . . | October 4, 2009 / 10:48 am

Sad to see such a vibrant young soul who would not make it but is loved by millions of us.

2. jessica norton says . . . | May 21, 2010 / 8:27 am

Aww,I just cant belive that actually happened.And to such a inocent young girl.Anne Frank is one of my heros the reason is becase of she was always happy in the annex.She didnt let the thought of death let her down.She was also a very pretty girl,reminds me of my friend Jade.

3. {artikel|article} says . . . | April 1, 2011 / 12:17 pm

Wait, that is certainly exactly what it really is about? I couldn’t recognize we would basically have to do almost any do the job. I am just away from this kind of thing

4. Mimimayhem says . . . | March 18, 2012 / 6:46 pm

At least we have something with her there! :) This is great.

5. Glenda says . . . | June 14, 2012 / 4:45 am

Amazing! She was and still is a hero to me!

6. meselu niguss says . . . | July 18, 2012 / 5:24 am

i am from Ethiopia i got the Amharic translation of Anne frank diary its so heart breaking but beautiful full of life and inspirational …. though i believe God has a purpose… WHAT WE HUMANS LEARN FROM THIS THE GOOD AND THE BAD ONE !
    oh what ever my her soul rest in piece

7. meselu niguss says . . . | July 18, 2012 / 5:29 am

oh what ever may her soul rest in piece

8. Alan Hoshor says . . . | July 21, 2013 / 4:34 pm

I traveled in Ethiopia last December and recognized Anne Frank’s photo on the cover of an Amharic-language book that was being sold on the street in Addis near the Red Terror Museum – which had its own catalog of horrors from the Mengistu era in Ethiopia. I, too, hope that humanity can learn from its past – particularly the bloody, ideology-plagued 20th Century – and “learn from this the good.”

9. G.J.W. says . . . | July 21, 2013 / 5:28 pm

A very sad time, in the history of this world. So much hate and, for what? This world is a very slow learner. The pretty Ann Frank had to die, because of hate.

Sort of reminds me of Malalla who was shot because, she wants all female children to be able to, go to school in peace and safety.