This week, OK Go released a new video supporting its latest single "White Knuckles." It's the first since they released two viral videos (here and here) accompanying "This Too Shall Pass." Give the video a watch (above) and take into account these stats.
- The video generated more than 1 million views on Monday alone (its first day on the web),
- It apparently took 124 takes to make the video, and the video you see is actually the 72nd take,
- 4 lbs of dog treats were used each day during the making of the video,
- There were 3-4 coffee runs per day for the humans involved, and
- The video will generate donations for the ASPCA.
Now this very related plug: Ok Go's lead singer, Damian Kulash, will be a headline speaker at the Open Video Conference taking place in New York City on October 1st & 2nd. He's just one of 100 speakers taking part in the conference, and tickets start at $35. For more information, visit the Open Video Conference web site.