Impressionist Does Shakespeare in 25 Celebrity Voices

Actor Jim Meskimen has appeared in his fair share of films — There Will Be Blood, Frost/Nixon and Magnolia, to name a few. But he’s perhaps best known for his work as an impressionist comedian. He does the voice of George W. Bush, and Morgan Freeman too. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. In his latest video, Meskimen impersonates 25 famous figures — from Woody Allen to Jack Nicholson to Droopy Dog — and quite naturally he has them reciting Clarence’s monologue from Richard III. Enjoy.

Nine Impersonations by Kevin Spacey in Six Minutes

1. Rhett says . . . | July 21, 2011 / 1:46 pm

This is so much fun!! Nicely done!

2. Bart says . . . | July 21, 2011 / 2:16 pm

Could you please consider adding a link to the YouTube page of the videos you post too?

This will allow mobile users to watch it in their YouTube-apps, and people that can’t have Flash installed on their desktops.

Thanks for consideration I guess :)

3. Dan Colman says . . . | July 21, 2011 / 3:04 pm

Yup, we’ll make an effort to do that!

Thanks,
    Dan

4. maewe says . . . | July 21, 2011 / 5:04 pm

the show can’t possibly be any better than this! this is SICK!

5. Lia says . . . | July 21, 2011 / 5:27 pm

This is amazing.

6. E says . . . | July 21, 2011 / 8:21 pm

WOW!
    Just… WOW!

7. Carol says . . . | July 22, 2011 / 1:28 am

Older son sent this to me. Have a husband who quotes Shakespeare and loves movies and humor. This combines them all. Superalties elude me. Best I’ve ever experienced.

More more more please…

8. jim meskimen says . . . | July 22, 2011 / 2:30 am

Hey, glad you liked my video! If nothing else, it’s getting some people who wouldn’t give William Shakespeare a Tweets worth of their time a little taste of his amazing writing. What can I say? I’m a fan of the Bard of Avon.
    If you are in LA, come see the live show! Tickets and info at http://www.theactingcenterla.com. I’ll be there July 29th and 30th, and September 9 & 10 at 8 pm. Damn cheap seats, too!

9. Sally says . . . | July 22, 2011 / 5:17 am

When you get retweeted by The Globe, your know you’re producing world class Shakespeare!

10. xadrian says . . . | July 22, 2011 / 6:33 am

I loved you in Whose Line. You have great control, well done.

11. jake says . . . | July 22, 2011 / 9:55 am

There should have/could have easily been a John Malkovich somewhere in there as well!

12. Caleb Warren says . . . | July 22, 2011 / 11:51 am

First off, great impressions, and it was made even better by reading Shakespeare.
    Second, I found this video from Craig Ferguson’s twitter @craigyferg. I find it hilarious that A) Craig is one of the 25 celebrities, when he’s clearly nowhere near as famous as any of the other celebs, although I love the guy; and B)although the impressions were great, the impression of Craig was the weakest, a bit of irony perhaps.
    All that being said Jim is obviously incredibly talented and I will absolutely be looking for more vids/shows from him.

13. ben says . . . | July 22, 2011 / 1:00 pm

If you don’t already, you could do a killer Robin Williams.

14. Janine Jorgensen says . . . | July 22, 2011 / 9:26 pm

This would be one too see! Robin Williams the Bomb! Nice choice Craigy! You lil devil! :))

15. Rita Manley says . . . | July 23, 2011 / 8:38 pm

Thanks Craig Fergusen, Jim Meskimen is so talented! It made me smile. But you are just as well known as a comedian,as the people he impersonated.His impression of Craig Fergusen needs some work though

16. mary cameron says . . . | July 24, 2011 / 12:57 pm

Oh, brilliant! Loved them all, and especially the hilarious relevance of their bits of the monologue. Thanks for this. Come up to Montreal and do, uh, Christopher Plummer?

17. John Cheese says . . . | July 25, 2011 / 8:46 am

Guy is ok, hits some misses others. Josh Thompson does away better Morgan Freeman. Craig is always thinking outside of the box.

18. Roberta says . . . | July 25, 2011 / 10:54 am

Wow!! Such talent!! What is also amazing is how your facial features change with each impression and you actually kind of morph in to that person!! Truly amazing!!! ;)

19. Jodi says . . . | July 27, 2011 / 6:38 pm

I think I kind of love this, too. Thanks Craig for tweeting and thanks Jim for the incredible talent…wish we lived in LA for the day…just to see your show!

20. carrie says . . . | July 28, 2011 / 12:01 pm

This was amazing. Really made my day. I loved jack nicholson and Christopher walkin! And George bush ha.

21. robwilliam55 says . . . | July 29, 2011 / 7:59 am

Richard Burton could recite the Welsh national anthem, backwards.