Enroll in MIT’s First Free Certificate Course Today

Note: You can now find through the following link a complete list of Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), many offering certificates.

In the waning days of 2011, MIT announced MITx, a new e-learning initiative that will offer certificates (find a list of Free Online Certificate Courses here) to students demonstrating mastery of free MIT courses. The university set a spring launch date for MITx, and they have now opened for enrollment the very first course. Taught by Anant Agarwal, Circuits and Electronics is an online adaption of MIT’s first undergraduate analog design course. According the MITx web site, this prototype course will run — free of charge — for students worldwide from March 5, 2012 through June 8, 2012. And students will have the opportunity to demonstrate their mastery of the material and earn a certificate from MITx. You can get more information on the course, or simply enroll in Circuits and Electronics, today. Just click here.

Many other engineering and computer science courses can be found in our collection of 400 Free Courses Online.

UPDATE:  MIT professor David Pritchard and his education research group, RELATE are offering an online MIT-level course in Introductory Newtonian Mechanics. The course is free and does not require a textbook.  Enrollment has just opened (it starts with an optional prerequisites test), and the course runs from March 1 – May 14, 2012.  Individuals who complete the course will receive a letter of completion. This MIT course is unrelated to the MITx project mentioned right above.

via Wired Campus

1. andrew griffiths says . . . | February 15, 2012 / 7:23 am

Dear Sir,

I would be interested to enrol on the Circuits and Electronics course currently advertized. I am currently employed as a switch technician and feel the topics discussed in the course would be of great benefit to me.

Kind regards

Andrew Griffiths

2. Virginia Collins says . . . | February 15, 2012 / 4:55 pm

I would love to enroll in the Circuits and Electronics course. I am employed as a Security Officer with a large security company and can use the course to advance in my career.
    Thanks again
    Virginia Collins

3. Yara EL-Gerzawy says . . . | February 16, 2012 / 10:49 am

I would love to enroll in the Circuits and Electronics course.I believe this course would be of great benefit to me.
    Thanks
    Yara EL-Gerzawy

4. Leopoldo S. Dario says . . . | February 18, 2012 / 5:25 pm

Most experience I have is in circuits is working in production line of building laptops and computer curcuitry @ Acer Corporation mid 90′s , for 5 years , I love it with a passion but they relocated to another country. I decided to go back to school and study computer science. I finish my Associates Degree and could not afford to go back to get my bachelors degree. This course would help me greatly to pursue higher education.

5. Rafael Carrillo says . . . | May 26, 2012 / 4:29 pm

I have worked in electronics and would like to register in this course and expand my knowledge

6. Munish sogarwal says . . . | July 11, 2012 / 1:55 am

I love the courses .plz tell me what should i do for it . My contect no is +917417797315

7. Munish sogarwal says . . . | July 11, 2012 / 1:56 am

I love the courses .

8. Munish sogarwal says . . . | July 11, 2012 / 1:57 am

I like it.

9. ANKIT VASWANI says . . . | July 21, 2012 / 10:20 am

help me out with the enrollment procedure

10. Pauline says . . . | July 22, 2012 / 6:15 pm

How much does it cost to get a certificate?

11. mukesh chand says . . . | July 25, 2012 / 7:12 am

i want to enroll free certification course from mit in electronics and circuits design but but i cant not get enroll so you tell me how i enroll and what is the procedure of enrollment and which sit i enroll easily

12. Tom - Baltimore Cracked screen says . . . | August 14, 2012 / 2:03 pm

This is surprising, yet wonderful news! I didn’t expect this coming from MIT, a notoriously prestigious school. Thank you for providing this information.

13. Ikupeleye Oladele says . . . | August 15, 2012 / 11:09 am

I am interested in bagging a certificate in Brain & Cognitive science from your institution but need to know how to enroll

14. Guadalupe Rivera says . . . | September 19, 2012 / 7:45 pm

How do I enroll for the free online certificate courses?

15. Sarkodie Richard says . . . | October 27, 2012 / 9:00 pm

how do i enroll myself in your online course, i am interested . can you please enroll me? thanks

16. ifeanyi samuel says . . . | November 2, 2012 / 6:12 pm

i want to join the online course

17. Olaiya Omoniyi says . . . | November 15, 2012 / 10:02 pm

i will love to enroll in your online courses so as to learn more on Information Technology most especially on hardware and networking, telecommunication, fiber optics. thanks for your love and care. God bless

18. vikas mahale says . . . | November 23, 2012 / 1:37 am

i want to join the online course

19. Awang Azman says . . . | November 28, 2012 / 6:08 am

I’m currently employ as an electronic lab technician at swinburne university of technology sarawak campus.

I is my honor to enroll to circuit and electronic with MIT. Please email me the details how to enroll.

Thank you in advanced.

Best regard,
    Awang Azman

20. kashif ali says . . . | December 29, 2012 / 8:11 am

I love to enroll this free course, my contact # +923337589857
    engrkashif_ali@yahoo.com

21. Syed Murtaza hussain says . . . | January 3, 2013 / 2:50 pm

I love to enroll in this free course. because i do not afford the fee.+923455805076

22. Syed Murtaza hussain says . . . | January 3, 2013 / 2:52 pm

i would like to enroll in any field fo education especially political science courses.

23. fariaz says . . . | January 10, 2013 / 9:41 am

i need computer course pgdca certificate

24. anniesh says . . . | January 28, 2013 / 7:05 am

Thank you in advanced.

Best regard,
    Anniesh

25. IRENEO PANCRASIO says . . . | February 5, 2013 / 11:11 pm

Im interested in enrolling to some of the courses with certificates .please email me and help me to get going …..thanks

26. anuj pareek says . . . | February 19, 2013 / 12:04 am

Im interested in enrolling to some of the courses with certificates .please email me and help me to get goin and I would be interested to enrol on the Circuits and Electronics course currently advertized. discussed in the course would be of great benefit to me.

27. Dhirendra Yadav says . . . | February 21, 2013 / 2:06 am

Sir,
    i want to join the course circuit and electronics running by Anant sir i already downloaded all the lecture and taken 7 lectures my contact no. is 8285501064 sir please suggest me what i do for this certification program …
    sir pls pls and pls suggest me……..

28. BHUPENDRA SINGH says . . . | March 14, 2013 / 4:07 pm

Kind regards

29. Malik Afful says . . . | March 23, 2013 / 2:57 am

I am happy to be enrolling as a student to this course.

30. carlos a coombs says . . . | April 26, 2013 / 8:32 am

I am very interested in this field and would be honored, if I was accepted. I am employed as a technician with a marketing company and have recently started my own alarm instillation company.
    therefore i think this would be a great opportunity for me to expand my knowledge

31. Romeo Aliksa says . . . | May 4, 2013 / 7:06 am

I am very interested and willing to try this great opportunity to improve my little skills in technology as well as possible.

32. Nirajan dahal says . . . | July 10, 2013 / 10:55 pm

please help me out with enrollment procedure.I am very much interested in the courses releated to information technology and want to be enrolled in MIT free online course. Thank you,

33. VENUGOPAL says . . . | August 15, 2013 / 9:44 pm

please let me know the enrollment procedure.I am very much interested in the courses releated to electronics & IT and want to be enrolled in MIT free online course. Thank you,

34. Jarrod Langley says . . . | September 2, 2013 / 10:08 pm

Looking to enroll into any class in MIT, to extend my knowledge in different areas, please send me information about your classes.

35. Bikash Rijal says . . . | October 20, 2013 / 11:29 am

i want to enroll in free course provided

36. Micheal Hamidu says . . . | November 24, 2013 / 8:27 am

how can i join this.

37. Mike says . . . | January 9, 2014 / 6:57 am

I want to study, may assist me with information on how to regester

38. sahibnoor singh says . . . | March 5, 2014 / 9:45 am

please let me know the
    enrollment procedure.I
    am very much
    interested in the
    courses releated to
    electronics and
    want to be enrolled in
    MIT free online course.

39. patience wallace says . . . | March 13, 2014 / 6:40 am

pleas help me to enrolled in the mit free online course. I want to know the catergory of enrolled. and how will I get my lesson.

40. David Tuibeo says . . . | March 30, 2014 / 4:15 am

Good Day!
    Kindly give details on how to register and avail your free diploma or certificate courses.
    thank you.

41. reshma shenoy says . . . | April 12, 2014 / 2:12 am

hello sir,
    i wish to enroll for MIT ONLINE COURSE. kindly give me details on how to register and when would the course start.

thank you.

42. roshan shanbhag says . . . | May 13, 2014 / 2:09 pm

This seems like a great refresher course to strengthen the foundation of Engineering circuits. I wish to enroll in this course. Please let me know if it is offered online. Is it still a certificate course from MIT ?

43. Orija Olawale A. says . . . | June 4, 2014 / 3:49 am

I am a graduate of finance. Kindly help on how I can enrol for this online course. I am very interested. Thanks

44. sulabh sharma says . . . | July 7, 2014 / 10:22 pm

hi sir, the video is very promising in terms of giving out practical training.
    i am graduate in electronics and telecommunication engineering and very interested to join the course .kindly suggest me the way

45. Agbave Priscilla Esinam says . . . | July 10, 2014 / 6:13 am

i really love the courses and will love to do some of the business courses,am currently studying banking.Please help me with the enrollment my contact is +233204636110.Hope to hear from you soon