Back in 2014, we told you about how The Institute of Art and Ideas (IAI) launched IAI Academy -- an online educational platform that features free courses from world-leading scholars "on the ideas that matter." They have since put online a number of philosophy courses, many striving to address questions that affect our lives today. We've listed a number of them below, and added them to our list of 150+ Free Online Philosophy courses. For a complete list of IAI Academy courses, visit this page.
- Heidegger Meets Van Gogh: Art, Freedom and Technology - Web video - Simon Glendinning, London School of Economics
- Dark Matter of the Mind - Web video - Daniel Everett, Bentley University
- Fear and Trembling in the 21st Century - Web video - Clare Carlisle, King’s College London
- Knowledge and Rationality - Web Video - Corine Besson, University of Sussex
- Life, Meaning and Morality - Web video - Christopher Hamilton, King’s College, London
- Minds, Morality and Agency - Web video - Mark Rowlands, University of Miami
- On Romantic Love - Web video - Berit Brogaard, University of Miami
- The Human Compass - Web video - Janne Teller
- The Meaning of Life - Web video - Steve Fuller, University of Warwick
- The Universe As We Find It - Web video - John Heil, Washington University in St Louis
- Unveiling Reality - Web video - Bryan Roberts, London School of Economics
- Why the World Does Not Exist - Web video - Markus Gabriel, Freiburg Institute of Advanced Study.
Note: The courses are all free. However, to take a course you will need to create a user account.
Would you like to support the mission of Open Culture? Please consider making a donation to our site. It's hard to rely 100% on ads, and your contributions will help us continue providing the best free cultural and educational materials to learners everywhere.
Related Content:1,300 Free Online Courses from Top Universities