Learn Russian for free online. Download free audio lessons to your computer or mp3 player and start learning Russian instantly. To learn more languages, please visit our complete collection of Free Language Lessons.
- A Spoonful of Russian – iTunes Free – Feed – Web Site
- Recommended by our readers.
- Business Russian – Web
- Presented by the UCLA Center for World Languages, this series teaches students the essentials of Russian business communication.
- Foreign Service Institute Russian Fast – Web Site
- Textbook (PDF) and eight audio lessons (MP3).
- Learn Russian – Web Site
- A free course by RT.com that covers all aspects of Russian including alphabet, phonetics, vocabulary and grammar. It also has multiple grammar tables and tests. RT.com is a Russian 24/7 English-language news channel.
- Russian Grammar – YouTube
- 50 free, short videos on topics in basic Russian grammar. Funded by a grant from the University of South Carolina, the videos were created by Curtis Ford, a senior instructor at the University.
- Russian Literature – Web Site
- Also presented by UCLA, the lessons help users improve their comprehension and vocabulary by listening to excerpts from Tolstoy, Gogol, Chekhov and other Russian literary greats.
- One Minute Russian – iTunes Free – Feed – Web Site
- Russian Essentials – Web
- A web-application developed by the University of Cambridge Language Centre for basic level students of Russian. Russian Essentials concentrates on basic language, with eight sections covering key spoken and written language.
- Russian for Beginners 1 – Free YouTube Video
- A series of instructive videos from Olga Viberg at Dalarna University.
- RussianPod101 – iTunes Free – Web Site
- Helps you learn Russian and Russian culture at your convenience.
- Russian Handwriting – Web Site
- Brown University provides animations showing how to write Russian letters by hand.
- Speak Fluent Russian – Free iTunes – Web Site
Offers free audio lessons that develop speaking skills and listening comprehension, allowing students to speak Russian more fluently. Site includes full transcripts and notes.
To learn more languages, please visit our collection: Learn Languages for Free: Spanish, English, Chinese & Beyond.