While you were sunning yourself on the beach this summer — or just taking a nice staycation at home — we were busy tracking down new courses to add to our list of 530 Free Online Courses. Available via YouTube, iTunes or the web, these courses were taped on the campuses of top universities like Stanford, Yale, MIT, Oxford, Harvard and UC Berkeley. They range across diverse disciplines — Philosophy, History, Computer Science, and Physics, to name a few — and you can access them all for free. Below we’re highlighting some of the most recent additions to the big master list, and also throwing in a few interesting bonus picks. Hope you enjoy:
- Aesthetics & Philosophy of Art – iTunes – Web – James Grant, Oxford University
- Contemporary Literature – YouTube – Aysha Iqbal Viswamohan, IIT Madras
- Critical Reasoning for Beginners – iTunes Video – iTunes Audio – Web Video & Audio – Marianne Talbot, Oxford
- Darwin and Design – Web Site – James Paradis, MIT
- Existentialism in Literature and Film – RSS Feed – Sean Dorrance Kelly, Harvard University.
- Exposing Digital Photography – iTunes Video – Web Site – RSS Feed – Dan Armendariz, Harvard
- Life in the Universe – iTunesU – Web – Richard Pogge, Ohio State
- Kant’s Critique of Pure Reason – iTunes Video – iTunes Audio – Video/Audio on Web – Dan Robinson, Oxford
- Philosophy of Religion – iTunes – Web – T. J. Mawson, Oxford
- Science Fiction and Politics – iTunes Audio – Web – Courtney Brown, Emory University
- Shakespeare After All: The Later Plays – Multiple Formats – Marjorie Garber, Harvard
- The Mechanical Universe – PBS Video – Cal Tech
- The History of Western Social Theory – YouTube – Alan MacFarlane, Cambridge University
Bonus — A Few Unconventional Courses:
- Hegel: The Philosophy of History – Web Site – Leo Strauss, U Chicago
- Jack Kerouac – Web 1 and Web 2 – Allen Ginsberg, Naropa University
- Plato’s Apology of Socrates – YouTube – Allan Bloom, UChicago
- The Character of Physical Law – Web – YouTube – Richard Feynman, Cornell
- This Craft of Verse: The Charles Eliot Norton Lectures – Web Audio – Jorge Luis Borges, Harvard
- The Unanswered Question: 6 Lectures on Music – YouTube – Leonard Bernstein, Harvard
Looking for free textbooks? Don’t miss our meta collection of 160 Free Textbooks available on the web.
I love all thus type of classes and the most important thing is that I keeps mind busy, learning and upgrading my knowledge. Thanks
Please send website link to your resources for free online courses. Thanks!
Youtube channel series ‘brainstorm’ – summarising and simply explaining recent scientific innovations, studies, technology and discoveries. 106 episodes so far, new episodes twice a week.
Monday; medicine, biology, genetics, biotech etc.
Friday; Math, physics, technology, materials and nanotech etc.
http://www.youtube.com/user/qdragon1337?feature=CAQQwRs%3D either click on this link or my name to get to the channel.